Getting Used To This

I took a 10 minute shower and dried off. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked to my closet.

I still couldn't believe all this was mine now.

I decided to wear something comfy, but cute. It was going to be my first dinner with my soulmates. I wanted to look decent.

After sorting through my clothes for a couple of minutes I settled on the perfect outfit.

It was pretty comfortable. I wish I had my favorite white shoes though. That reminded me- I still needed to get my other stuff from my old place.

I walked out of my room and into the elevator to head to the kitchen.

I tried to smooth my hair down and make sure it wasn't sticking up in some places. Ugh I'm so nervous. What if it's too awkward? What if I say something that they don't like? Which by the way might be likely cause I'm so damn sassy and sarcastic. But they did deal with Tony Stark so maybe they can deal with me???

The elevator came to a stop and all eyes directed towards me.

"Hi," I waved and smiled.

They all looked at me with a smile. Natasha and Bruce were bringing the food to the table.

Thor ushered me to the table where I sat in between Peter and Wanda. Wanda smiled at me and said, "Hello моя любов.

I smiled at her even though I didn't know what it meant. Hopefully it was something nice.

Natasha put a plate of food in front of me. "Here you go my котенок."

I smiled and thanked her. I'm starting to like these pet names even  though I'm not actually sure what they mean. Again, hopefully not something bad. I guess I'll have to ask FRIDAY what they mean.

I took a bite of my dinner and groaned. "Oh my gosh this tastes so good!" I said with my eyes closed. When I opened them back up I saw everyone was staring at me. I blushed as I realized what I just did.

"Thank you котенок. If you react like that, I might just have to cook dinner for you every day," Natasha smirked.

I blushed even harder at that.

"Natasha," Steve chastised.

"Um I really like what you did with the seasoning. Is that rosemary I taste with the lemon?" I quickly changed the subject.

They all looked at me in surprise.

"Do you cook?" Bruce asked.

"I mean yeah. I kinda had to learn to survive. I didn't have any money. I couldn't just order food every day," I retorted.

My soulmates growled in anger. My soul marks burned intensely.

"Actually that reminds me... when can I go back to my place?"

"What?!"

"Why?!"

"No!"

"Don't go!"

My soulmates shouted out various responses and I could feel a sense of panic coming from them.

"Woah! Calm down! I just meant I needed to get my stuff.... I thought that y'all wanted me to stay here and I need some of my belongings if that's ok with you," I said.

They signed in relief.

"Doll you can't scare us like that! We thought you didn't want us anymore," Bucky said.

"Of course you can, but we should go with you," Steve said.

"Oh no that's ok. I can go myself," I started.

"No. We'll go with you.... please," Natasha said.

I sighed and nodded my head.

This whole overprotective soulmates thing is gonna take some getting used to.