She spoke with complete frankness. Her story was so different than what I had imagined, I didn't know what to say next.

Regina: "Is, that so..."

(But, what about how Prince Wilfred and Cecille feel?)

Regina: "Oh..."

I made to speak, but Miss Cecille had just noticed the Queen's presence.

Cecille: "Oh, please excuse me. I should go and pay my respects."

Regina: "Oh, okay."

I swallowed my own words and I watched as Miss Cecille made her way over to the Queen.

(An arranged marriage between the Spencers and the Germaines... wait... it's a fake!?)

(But then... what happens to Prince Wilfred and Miss Cecille's feelings?)

The Queen saw Miss Cecille approaching her and she smiled warmly.

(Ugh...)

It was a smile as she had never shown to me, and it made my heart ache uncontrollably.

(But I guess... they have thoughts and feelings that complete different than a commoner like me- no! I'm not a commoner! I'm lost daughter of Princess!)

As I stood thinking to myself, I felt a hand clap over my mouth and someone who whispered in my ear.

???: "Marriage is just a contract... sad way of thinking , isn't it?"

I turned around to see Prince Stephen standing there.

Regina: "Oh, Your Highness. You're here as well."

Prince Stephen's expression wavered at my words.

Stephen: "Oh, well... I had a message from my mother that there was going to be an announcement and that I should be here."

Regina: "An announcement...?"

Prince Stephen gave a non-committal nod at my question and then he looked sideways at me.

Stephen: "Why are you here...?"

Regina: "Well... I came in the place of Claude."

Stephen: "In place of Claude? But I just saw him."

Regina: "I know. But I saw him too, but..."

Regina: "I figured it's because he's so busy attending Their Majesties that he asked me."

Prince Stephen raised his eyebrows a bit.

Stephen: "I see. By the way, is my father's health not very good?"

Regina: "Oh..."

(Oh... Prince Stephen has only heard reports about his father's collapse.)

Regina: "Oh, no he's okay. It appears it wasn't anything serious and he ate breakfast with us this morning."

Regina: "But I think he'll be alright."

Prince Stephen looked relieved at my reply.

Stephen: "Thank you. I'd only heard bits and pieces from Claude."

Stephen: "So, I guess my mother is here just in case anything happens."

He directed his eyes towards the Queen as he spoke.

Stephen: "Though... I wonder why Claude asked you to come here...?"

Prince Stephen rested his chin on his hand as he spoke.