chapter five

After a long time talking we both decide it would be best to head back to the lobby where everyone was. When we get down there everyone was standing up as if they thought I was the one dead. 

The police officer that is also known as my father came up to me " Wanna go get something to eat and we can talk about everything?" I just nodded because heck if I can get free food then okay. I mean he does owe me like thousands of meals that he has missed.

" But on two conditions one Jake gets to come and also it's not going to be hospital food." he looked at me and laughed but nodded. As we three of us get in the car and just sit in silence. "Okay, so your name is Myles correct? It is going to take some time to warm up to you and start talking to you as a real father. do I forgive you no but something last night told me that I'm going to have too but I can't promise it will be fast." I said trying to break the silence.

" Deal but one question are you two dating or something? If you are then fantastic but if you aren't then I guess you two are friends then?" Jake and I look at each other and laugh. " So guessing you two are just really good friends then?

" Myles or whatever you want me to call you Nila and I have been best friends since preschool and I have basically been there for her ever since. I have been there through all her mom's relationships and my mom and Naomi were best friends." Jake states proudly which is another thing I absolutely adore about him.

                                                                                         *

Getting back from breakfast all of us head back to my house so they can help me go through all my mom's things with me and help me get packed to move to my memaws. While going through the entire house Myles found some things that he and my mom got together before they broke up.

Heck, today I found out that my mom and Myles were engaged and they broke it off cause memaw didn't like him being in the police academy. So he didn't leave because of me he left because of memaw and his job choice. How could I be mad at him about this? He told me that when he found out about me he couldn't stop buying things for me. 

" Nila I always wanted you in my life and I wanted to be in yours but Genie and Naomi thought it would be better for you so I stayed away. Every year I sent out a birthday card with 80 dollars in it. But I don't think you ever got them." I started to tear up from what he was saying.

" Wait those cards were from you? Every birthday I could not figure out who they were from and when I would ask mom about them she would go maybe you have a secret person in your life giving you money."

" Did you know that I was the one that named you? The reason I chose Nila was that it was an Egyptian princess and I always knew that you were going to grow up being a princess and look at you, you look just like your momma" He looked me in the eyes and gave me a big hug like it's going to be the only time he will only be able to hold me.