chapter four

Turns out that when you get really mad about something it's just good to get away from everything. That's what I do anyway up here on this bench I had some really deep conversations with people like my mom and Jake. Jake is my best friend he has been there since preschool. I really just need to talk to him right now he always makes me feel better when something bad happens.

I get my phone out to start to call Jake because  I really need him right now but I remembered that it is like 3:30 in the morning and he can't drive. I wish he could cause both of us would be escaping right now. Both of our dreams were to move out of Pendleton, Oregon, and head to Salida, Colorado. 

Jake is the type of guy that not a lot of people want to be around because they say he is too "happy". which to me I would take any guy that was super funny, happy, always excited to see me then somebody that is always talking negatively. 

But before I know somebody opens the door to the roof and its jake. Jake runs to me and starts crying which makes me cry again. His beautiful green eyes look me straight in the eyes. when we finally just sit down. 

he goes " Nila why are you up here alone? I would have thought you would bring somebody up here"

"Jake I found out who my father is, And he wants me to come and stay with him" I'm saying while breaking down in tears. 

" Well, are you going to stay with him? I mean I think that it would be too soon since you know mom passed and also you just met him." He sits up and stares at me in the eyes being more serious than I have ever seen him. " I mean I'm glad you have met your dad but he has missed out on the biggest parts of your life like you being born, your first steps, first words, entering high school he missed. I really hope you make the right idea out of this all" 

I just nod and lean closer to him and we just talked all night long until I forgot about all of my problems.