chapter two

As I start hearing sirens coming from all directions and banging at the door my little mind is going crazy because I wanna be with my mother but I also need them to take her. next thing I know our front door is down and all the medical help comes in and takes my mother and a really nice police officer pulls me aside and starts to ask me questions.

" Wanna tell me what happened to your mother" the officer asked. I stayed silent

" you know this isn't your...." but before he could finish my memaw comes running in and takes me by the hand. its like she was trying to save me from somebody. But all I know is that she did not like this police officer at all and I'm wondering why cause all he did was help me.

" Did he touch you in anyway baby" my memaw starts to freak out

" No but memaw be honest with me is mom going to be okay?" she looks me in the eye and all she did was hug me and I just started crying.

*

While sitting in the waiting room trying to get something from the doctors all these old weird people that I do not like at all from my church come up to me and start hugging me and telling me everything will be okay. But honestly, by the way, everyone is treating me I just want to go home and get something to eat and pretend that nothing ever happened.

but before I can even say anything the doctors come in and one is starting to cry which makes my entire family cry but I'm not really sure why they are and this nice doctor comes up to me and gives me a big hug and says " I'm so sorry I couldn't even imagine what you could be going through right now" and before you know it I am laying on the floor sopping my eyes out and thinking that this could not be happening right now.

If I would have just stayed downstairs with her none of this would be happening. while I'm starting to get my self together everyone is just staring at me while they are crying. As time started to pass more and more people started to show up and giving me flowers or telling me how they are so sorry for me.

After about an hour goes by and more people starting to show up but the weirdest thing was that the police officer is over there talking to my memaw. To be honest, I don't really know how to react so I go over there hearing them talk.

" genie she needs to know, and with all of this stuff happening to Naomi I think its about time we both sit her down and tell her." I don't know whats more creepy that he wants to sit down and talk to me or if he knows my mother's name.

"Myles she cant know yet her mom just died I think it's too close of time"

" Memaw what are you guys talking about? And why does that police officer know mommy's name?" they both looked at each other in the face like they were shocked that I was right there. " Is anyone going to speak, or is this just going to be another starring contest like everyone does when they don't want to tell me anything?" by now I'm starting to get really mad because my mom just died and on top of that they are keeping a big secret from me.

" Nila let's go get something to eat and then we will talk," both say to me and of course to me is like finally freaking food I'm starving. But there really isn't much to eat at the hospital food court in the middle of the night. It's between a warm pb&j or a cheese sandwich which both sounded nasty to me.

*

After we get our food all three of us sit in the cafeteria while eating they finally decided to tell me whats going on.

" Baby the reason why your mommy died was that she had cystic fibrosis..."