Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

They were suddenly on a cliff in Norway. Thor and Loki stumbled before glaring at each other. Nico was looking toward the edge of the cliff. The other two looked towards what he was staring at. Odin stood there, alone. Loki's eyes flashed between green and blue continuously, but no one noticed.

Thor walked towards Odin, "Father."

"Look at this place - beautiful, isn't it?" Odin asked.

"It's us, father." Thor looked at Odin.

"My sons, I've been waiting for you."

"We've come to take you home." Thor said softly.

"Your mother, she calls to me." Odin smiled, "Do you hear it?"

Thor turned to Loki, "Loki, lift your magic!"

Loki, who had come beside them, eyes green, shook his head gently... there was no magic here.

Odin laughed, "Took me quite awhile to break from your spell. Frigga would've been proud." Loki's eyes watered slightly as Odin continued, "Come, sit with me. I do not have much time."

The three went to sit on a rock. Nico noticed Loki's green eyes. He stayed silent - Loki needed closure. Odin looked up at Nico, and a smile crossed his face.

"Still protecting my sons, I see." Odin chuckled, turning to Thor and Loki, "You are lucky to have someone like him by your side." Nico smiled bittersweetly at the King's words, "I failed you. It is upon us - Ragnarok." Nico's eyes widened slightly in horror.

"I stopped Ragnarok." Thor corrected, "I put an end to Sutur."

It has already began... she's coming." Odin warned, "My life was all that held her back, but... my time has come." Odin looked up to the sky, "I cannot keep her away any longer."

"Father," Thor asked, "Who are you talking about?"

"Goddess of Death. Hela. My first born. Your sister." Odin said grimly.

"Your what?"

"Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her," Odin took a deep breath, "So I imprisoned her... locked her away. She draws her strength from Asgard, and once she gets there, her powers will be... limitless."

"Whatever she is, we can stop her together. We can face her together." Thor started.

"No, we won't." Odin shook his head, "I'm on a different path now... this you must face alone." He paused, "I love you, my sons." Odin smiled, and pointed at the horizon, "Look at that...." Odin waited for them to look, "Remember this place... home." Then, he took his last breath, before turning to the regular immortal gold dust that blew away gently. The trio watched silently as it blew off the cliff and upwards. Odin was gone.

Thor looked towards Loki in fury. Loki's eyes turned blue.

"YOU!" Thor shouted, "This is your fault!"

Nico's head shot up, "Thor..."

"NO!" Thor shouted, "I'm sick of you defending him! The Loki we know is gone! We might as well rid ourselves of the monster that remains!"

"THOR, NO!" Nico shouted, as Thor shot towards Loki. He, in panic, let a shadow grab Thor.

"UNHAND ME!" Thor screamed.

"Thor.... Look at his eyes..." Thor looked up, seeing that one of Loki's eyes was green.

"How..." Thor started.

Nico let him go, "They've been flickering from the beginning. He's trying to fight it... he's trying, and he very well might succeed."

Then, a black portal appeared behind them. They whipped around, and the two brothers summoned armor, while Nico just summoned his sword.

A girl stepped through the portal. Nico's eyes widened a fraction. She looked a lot like him, and his father... could his father have a third form? The others seemed to notice this as well. They glanced between him and her. Loki's eyes were still mismatched, and Nico noted that the green eye seemed to have realized the same thing Nico had.

"So he's gone."