Sick

A week for Spring Break goes all too quickly. Especially for loved ones who don't get to see one another every day. It was a sad parting but Cerise had to get back to school. Amarelle watched with a smile as Adam and then Tim hugged the little girl tightly before they headed back into the airport. It was back to their normal every day lives instead of hanging out backstage, hanging out at the VIP sessions, and meeting fans. Thankfully, the flight was peaceful with almost no turbulence.

A few weeks later, as Amarelle was busy at her office with meetings and setting up interviews for prospective new employees, Cerise's school called. Amarelle immediately took the call, always striving to put family first, and was dismayed to discover the child was sick. After agreeing to come pick her up from school, she called the pediatrician to make an appointment. As soon as Amarelle got to the school and her eyes landed on Cerise, she could tell the child was ill.

Cerise looked pale, or paler than usual, she was sweating, and she just generally looked like she felt like crap. Amarelle signed Cerise out then took the child by her hand. The blond-headed little girl remained quiet all through the ride to the pediatrician's office. They sat quietly as they waited for their appointment. Ama was debating on sending a text to Adam but figured she should wait until she has a diagnosis and any medication that Cerise might need.

They were finally called back, so Amarelle shook the half-sleeping child awake and took her by her hand. The nurse took her height and weight before leading them to an exam room. Ama helped Cerise onto the exam table as the nurse prepared to take the little girl's vitals. The nurse asked why they had come in today, so Ama explained all the school nurse had told her and what she had witnessed with Cerise.

"She is running a fever. The doctor will see you in a few minutes." The nurse looked at Ama before turning to Cerise, "Don't worry sweetie, we'll make you feel lots better."

This was the first time Cerise had really gotten sick which made Ama nervous. The doctor came in a little while later, looked over Cerise's charts, then looked over at Amarelle. She smiled sweetly at him before glancing back at her sick pre-schooler. Once again, Amarelle explained what the school nurse had told her and what she had seen with her own eyes. She watched as he did his examination.

"It's some sort of virus going around. I've seen lots of children with it the last few weeks. I'll give her an anti-biotic and write out a note for school. She needs to not be vomiting and fever free for at least 24-hours before going back to school.

She needs rest and lots of liquids. Acidic juices may be too hard on her stomach right now. Water or Pedialyte would be good. No greasy or fried foods, either. Light foods that are easy on the stomach like bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast." The doctor explained as he wrote out the prescription

"How long will this last?" Amarelle inquired, glancing back to Cerise.

"Usually a few days. If she's not better within a week, come back." He smiled as he handed the prescription over to Amarelle.

"Thank you so much, Doctor!" Ama smiled back before turning to Cerise, "Come on, sweetie. Let's go get your medicine then we'll go home."

"I feel icky, Momma!" Cerise looked up at the purple-headed woman as they were walking out of the Pediatrician's office.

"I know, sweetie. I know. I'm gonna do my best to help you get over this, ok? We need to drop off your prescription then we'll go pick up some Pedialyte and applesauce." Amarelle explained as she helped Cerise back into her booster seat.

She dropped off Cerise's prescription then went to pick up the few items she thought would help the girl through this. Ama hated seeing Cerise so sick and unhappy. The girl, since she was sick, had wanted to sleep with Ama. She wasn't able to say no to the bad-feeling child. Ama was very thankful she could work from home on her laptop!