The Pool Hall

"Am I working the pool room again, Aunt Grace?" Amarelle asked as they walked into the house

"Unless you want to try another area." Grace smiled

"No, I liked it down there." Ama stated, "Should I change clothes?"

"Nah, you'll be alright." Grace chuckled before walking upstairs to her bedroom

Ama went upstairs to grab her book and phone charger. She sat on her bed and sighed. Why couldn't her family just accept her the way she was? Before she could think any more, Grace called out asking if she was ready to head to the bar. She chuckled as she left her bedroom and bound down the stairs. The two women talked about going out tomorrow and hitting up a place she knew that specialized in different water sports. Amarelle was more than excited for that!

"Evening, boss!" Jimmy said as he exited the men's room

"How's everything going?" Grace asked as she put her purse behind the counter

"Good. Not super busy yet." Jimmy smiled before heading downstairs

Grace told Amarelle to head on down making the younger woman nod in response. Once she was downstairs, she asked Jimmy if she could plug her phone in. He smiled and showed her where the staff plugged their devices in behind the bar. She sat on a stool at the end of the bar since there was only one gentleman down there playing pool all by himself. They talked about her and how she was liking Miami so far.

An hour or so later and the pool hall was hopping. She was busting her little butt clearing tables, wiping tables down, and bringing patrons their drinks. She didn't notice a group of six enter the hall because she was so busy. As soon as they'd entered, Adam noticed her right away.

"There she is, Timmy!" Adam excitedly whispered in his lover's ear

"Calm down, you spaz." Tim chuckled, "You're gonna scare the poor girl!"

"Evening, fellas. Give us a minute or two to get some tables together for you." Jimmy said to the group

"Thanks! We'll wait as long as we have to." Luke replied with a smile

A big group of ten had just left and the tables they were using were just a complete wreck. Jimmy couldn't really leave the bar, so poor Amarelle was left to clean up all by herself. She worked as fast as she could to clean it off for the next group that come in. Once it was clean, and she had swept under it, the group of six quickly walked over and sat down. As she was putting the broom and dust pan up, she saw the table was already full again. She sighed making Jimmy laugh.

"It is Friday night, sweetie. A very popular night, especially here." Jimmy told her

"I get it. Just not used to working in a bar." She replied with a smile

"You can handle it. You've been doing great so far." Jimmy told her before nodding to the table

She walked over with a smile, "Good evening and welcome to the 'Good Life'! I'm Amarelle and I'll be your waitress this evening. What can I get you fine fellas to drink?"

"Just bring us a pitcher of beer and some menus for starters." Luke softly stated with a smile

"Amarelle? That's a really unusual name." Tim smiled at her

"Thanks. I'll be right back." She smiled at the group

"She has such a beautiful smile. Don't you think?" Adam whispered in Tim's ear

"Very. And such an unusual but beautiful name." Tim whispered back

She told Jimmy what they wanted making him laugh. They had several types of beer and since they hadn't specified, he poured them a pitcher of the house beer. While he put six beer mugs on her tray, she fetched six menus and her order pad. He handed her the pitcher of beer with a smile. She took a deep breath then walked back to the table.