22

[Thats so cute. XD]

Amaya whipped her purple head around and eyed Rage's sign with softness. But, still, a frown brought her mouth down.

"iz tat awl u eet" was scrawled all over the pad he held up.

Was it all she ate? Oh no. She loved all things that would deliver a slow and tangy burn to the insides, riling up the stomach acids. Extra spicy curry, spicy sesame chicken, spicy dango, spicy this, spicy that. Anything with any kind of chili or pepper in it and Amaya was all over it.

She blinked, shifting her eyes up tis own peach ones. "No," she stated simply. "It's just something that I enjoy. I primarily eat spicy foods or meats."

Another thing. Whenever she COULD eat, she was eating meat. Sometimes she would be eating bean sprouts and meat on a bed of udon and spicy broth. Other times she would be eating fried fish or even fried octopus. She twitched.

When did she classify seafood as meat?

Yuki shot Vell an evil glare, clearly not wanting to be shit-talked. Kakashi may have said that Kiba was okay, but she had to see it to believe it. Tears were still running down her face, something she took a small feeling of embarrassment to.

"Then show me that he's okay!" she shouted raspily, her hands balled into fists. "Prove it to me! 'Cos if you're lying to me, so help me, I'll punch your face in." 

Of course, she wasn't serious. But if Kiba was dead and they were lying, she didn't know what she would do with herself. At all. 

Gracie

[I'm reveling in the Momo-Yoru moments right now. >v<]

With a few blinks in Amaya's direction, Rage nodded his head and turned back to the selection of meats. Spicy, huh? Scythe could only stomach blander foods, but Awaji and Vell were fond of spice, too. He supposed he could get some curry spices to throw into a stir-fry. Get some hot peppers, a few onions, black pepper... He could always serve plain meat-and-rice for Scythe, anyway.

Rage tucked his pad back into his satchel and took up the stir-fry cuts again, glancing at Amaya as she went about her grim duty of gathering candy.

At one point he noticed that she wasn't flitting about as much and turned to find her staring upwards with a particularly sour scowl. His peach-colored eyes followed her glare up to the top shelf where a row of ginger-snap cookies sat together. They seemed to have congealed there, sneering down at the girl for her size.

He blinked again before looking back at Amaya's frown. If he looked at it right, it turned out to be a childish pout.

Rage interrupted her staring-match with the mischievous cookies when he languidly reached up an arm and grabbed three packages in one hand. His orange eyes returned again to those purple ones, offering the plastic bags mutely and without amusement at her expense.

"Who the hell would lie about something like that?" Vell demanded, bristling even more. Though, it wasn't because he was really angry - just startled at how thoroughly convinced that they weren't telling the truth. "Who would lie about someone being dead or not? That's just low. Whaddaya take me for? And Onii-san--"

"Don't drag me into this," Kakashi muttered, rubbing his face tiredly.

Vell stared at him incredulously. "..." He stood up. "Fine, I'll bring you proof. His name's Kiba, right? I'll drag his ass here and show him to you if you're not afraid I'll rough him up in the process." Vell frowned deeply at the crying Yuki, anger smoldering a little. "I mean...jeez, have some faith in us, will ya? Not everybody's a shit-faced liar, y'know."

The silver haired jonin did not remove his hand from his face as a sweat drop formed on his temple. "I really should enforce a no-cursing rule....-_\ ' "