"I'm not sure if that would work. She's rather busy right now."

"Oh, come on, Lia. Introduce us to your wife." Doug said. "It's just one day. Not even a whole day event."

Jeric and Lisa waited for my reply.

"Ok. I'll ask her but no promises." I told them. "I really have to go." I turned to leave only to stop when someone flung at me, hugging me close.

"Uhmmmp!" John, arms crossed and shaking his head in amusement, stood a few paces from me.

Ruen!

She inhaled my scent and sighed in contentment nuzzling me closer. I looked down at her as she held me. She was wearing a beautiful cream dress and her braided hair cascaded down to her waist.

So beautiful...

She started working at her grandfather's company. Weeks had passed after Sabrina's birthday party - which happened to be her birthday too. I had no idea that by forcing her to go I had inadvertently opened years of pent up hurt. The disparity of how Sarah and Ria treated Ruen and Sabrina irked me.

I wrapped my arms around her.

I don't like seeing you hurt like that.

Ruen had been so reserved these past few weeks. No more jokes and teasing but she'd been very affectionate. We still slept on the bed with her cuddled to me. On days when I happen to be home earlier than her, she'd end up curled on my lap. She's either hugging me, nuzzling my neck, or doing both.

I didn't know why and I didn't even want to dwell on the fact that I like the feel of her on me. My emotions fluttered every time she kissed me tenderly or just plain laying her head on my chest.

I looked up and saw three pairs of curious eyes darting to me then down to the woman who clung to me. I cleared my throat to get Ruen's attention. Smiling, she raised her head, dropped her hands from my waist, and stood beside me.

"Ruen, I want you to meet Doug, our director then Lisa and Jeric, my fellow artists."

Ruen stepped away from me and quickly shook hands with the equally charmed Doug and Lisa. Then she turned and did the same with Jeric, who was obviously smitten.

"It's a pleasure to meet you guys."

Great another John!

Internally groaning, I gently pulled Ruen back to me and away from Jeric's hold.

"My goodness! That's it, you green-eyed monster!" Lisa exclaimed. "You were hesitating to introduce us cause you're overly jealous of anyone who came close."

Jealous?

I was about to deny it when John stepped in. "You should have seen how she was with me when I first met her wife."

"Why? What happened?" Doug curiously asked.

"Man, if looks could kill, Lia's glares could have ended my life." John addressed Jeric in an exaggerated shiver. "And, within fifteen minutes of suffering from seeing me acting so familiarly with her wife, I found myself ass down on the floor then Lia locked herself and Ruen away."

Jeric's face paled as he put his hand behind him while Doug and Lisa looked at me with wide eyes. I wanted to throttle John. Only Ruen's laughter stopped me.

"I guess you won't be joining us on Friday's outreach program," Lisa told her.

"This Friday? There's a board meeting."

"It'll start at 8 am to 4 pm." I had an arm around her waist. "You're busy as it is. Don't sweat it."

"I could come before or after lunch." She offered me the widest smile. "If you'd have me." I nodded.

"That would be great!" Jeric blurted.

Annoyed, I glared at him.

"That's settled." I took Ruen's hand in mine. "We're off." I waved goodbye and, with her beside me, started walking out of the set.

Behind me, I could hear John whispering conspiratorially 'I told you so' as the others laughed.

"Lisa is playing the role of Kristina's girlfriend?" She asked as we neared my van.

"Yeah," I answered.

"She's hot. I like her."

Jeric. And now Lisa!

Hearing that, I had her back against the van and kissed her. I gripped her waist to support her as she stood on tipped toes. She moaned in protest when I pulled away.

"You were saying?" I smirked.

"I want you more!" She placed her hands around my neck and pulled me back to her waiting lips. But before our lips touch, she stopped and whispered.

"It will always be you."

Though caught off guard, I reveled at the feel of her soft lips on mine when she finally pulled me in.

You're wreaking havoc on my mind and emotions when you say things like that, Ruen.

I was hopelessly losing it.