Did Dean Winchester Just?

Castiel's nose wrinkled in disgust as he breathed in fumes from Dean's cigarette, fanning it away with the back of his hand. They'd moved onto the back porch after Cas had insisted on it (David and Carol would be furious if they caught whiff of a cigarette in the house.)

"So, Christian?"

He gestured to yet another cross hanging from the wall next to the sliding screen door, and Castiel suddenly felt a twinge of embarrassment.

"I guess."

"I could never get into the whole God thing. Just a bit too farfetched for me."

He shoved his hands in his pockets, teetering on his heels. To be honest, Castiel wasn't a big believer, either. He liked the idea. He had some sort of faith. But he had to question it at times. If there was a God, why did such horrible things happen? In any case, he did like the idea of Heaven, and angels.

"I really don't know much about this stuff, but, Gabriel. That's the name of an angel, right?"

Castiel nodded a little, looking down at his feet as Dean flicked some ashes onto the polished wood.

"Yes, archangel."

"Picky, picky."

Dean laughed a little as Cas gave him a look.

"And Castiel?"

"The angel of Thursday."

"So, your parents..."

"Christian. Church every Sunday, grace before every meal."

"Sounds like it sucks."

He flicked more ashes onto the porch, taking a drag and blowing out more smoke. Cas coughed a little before Dean muttered a sorry.

"I mean, not really. I like it. The thought, I mean. I should take you sometime."

Castiel felt a little embarrassed as Dean let out a scoff.

"To church?"

"Yeah. To church."

Cas watched as he laughed, flicking ashes once again.

"You got funny ideas about first dates."

Cas froze, feeling his face get a little warm at the mention of "first dates."

"Um. Excuse me?"

The corners of Dean's lips pulled into a smug grin as he finished his cigarette and flicked it over the porch railing, leaning his back against the wall.

"You heard me."

"Yeah, I did, but-

"Listen."

Dean got close. Really close. His lips were soft as they brushed against Castiel's, being pressed delicately. He could feel the light stubble on Dean's jaw against his cheek and his breath on his ear as he pulled away and moved over to the side of his head, fingers slipping in side his jean's pocket as he said in a soft tone,

"Call me sometime."

Cas could practically hear his own heart beat in his ears as Dean pressed those soft lips against his temple before he slid the door open and stepped back inside. His hands were shaking, and his face was probably bright pink. He slipped his hand in his pocket, pulling out a tiny folded slip of paper. He opened it, a number and his full name scrawled upon its surface.

Dean Winchester.

He bit his lip a little as he folded it back up, shoving it back in his pocket before wiping his palms on his jeans, his head swarmed with thoughts.

Did Dean Winchester just steal his first kiss? Did Dean Winchester just ask him out? Did Dean Winchester just ask out nerdy, clumsy, introverted Castiel? Did Dean Winchester just ask out nerdy, clumsy, introverted Castiel, who had a very much hotter, extroverted, adventurous sister?

Castiel thought so. He knew he'd only just met Dean. Just met being highly emphasized, as he had literally ran into him not even half an hour ago. Cas didn't know how to explain it. It all felt sort of sudden and rushed, but felt so right. It was unbelievable. He was going to go on a date with Dean Winchester.

***Short, again. *heavy sigh* The next will be longer. I plan on updating this for awhile since I've hit yet another writer's block for His Fallen Grace. Thanks for reading. ***