ch, 3

"Look at these

"Look at these..." Barbie pulled her phone out of her back pocket as she straddled Bird's lap. He sat up, resting on his elbows, "These are the options for my album cover. Which one do you like?" He grabbed her phone and looked at each picture, "I like them all, you're so beautiful. You know that?"

"Thanks, Bird. But I have to chose one. I can't have all of them." She explained. He sighed, "Is that song about me going to be on there?" Barbie rolled her eyes, "Yes." He gave her a look and she sighed deeply, "It's not my fault. I recorded that song because your girl pissed me off. I was only going to release it if me and her got into again and it was going to be on SoundCloud, not an official release. That was all my label. I don't want that on my album, but it is."

He was silent for a minute, "If that song's on there, then go with the first one. You look like you got an attitude." he laughed. She smiled and hugged his neck. She kissed his lips and intertwined their hands. He placed his other hand on her butt and moved under her shirt and up her back. "Stop, I'm not having sex with you. I need all my energy."

          "Alright, alright. Hey, make sure you tear up when you perform that song you wrote for me when we was together." He laughed. "Just because I wrote a song about being in love, doesn't mean it was about you." He sucked his teeth, "Who have you ever been in love with, other than me?" She shrugged, "I don't think if I've been in love with anyone other than you."

          "That's what I thought." He grinned. "Do you love Bea? Like, are you in love with her?" Barbie asked. Bird twisted his lips, "I am, in love with her." She bit down on the corner of her lip, "Then why am I here?"

He started to say something, but he heard a door close outside of his window. "You heard that?" He asked, moving her to his side and getting up. "Bird, I thought you sa—" "It might not be her..." he said, quickly walking to his window. Sure enough, Bea and her friends were getting out of her Rover.

"Fuck." He hissed. "Bird, she's going to see my car." Barbie mentioned, getting off of his bed. He blew out a breath, "One problem at a time, please." He said, pulling his hair. "Come on." He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the master bedroom and went into a guest room down the hallway.

"Bird, I have sound check in an hour and a half. I can't be late." Barbie explained, "You won't be late, I promise. Just stay here and stay quiet. I'll get them to leave." Bird kissed her nose and darted back out the door, closing it behind him.

          He went back to his bedroom and hid any signs that someone else had been there, then made his way downstairs. Bea and her friends had just walked into the foyer, "Hey, baby." He greeted Bea and then her three friends. "Hey babe, you have company?" She asked, pointing outside towards the car. "Earlier. Tony introduced me to some of his family. They went somewhere and only wanted to take one car, so he asked if he could leave his car here."

          Bea's best friend, Gretchen, eyed him. Bea just shrugged, "Oh ok. Well, our retreat ended early due to unforeseen circumstances, so me and the girls are going to spend the rest of the day in the Everglades. I was seeing if you would like to join us." Bird replied, "I'd love to but I want to be here when Tony and his people get back."

          "Aw, Alright. Well, we'll just get some water and be own our way then." She said as her and her friends walked toward the kitchen. Bird's heart was pounding a mile a minute and he couldn't get them out of the house. In the kitchen, Gretchen wasn't having it, "Girl, do you really believe him?"

"Believe who?" Bea asked, confused. "Bird. He's lying through his teeth. Tony's family blah blah blah, it's some bs, girl." Bea chuckled, "Why would he lie about that? Whose car is it then?" Gretchen stared at her blankly, "Someone who's still in your house."

~
👀 how y'all like the story so far?