ch, 2

Barbie scrolled through Bird's instagram, admiring is beautiful smile and perfect physique. She accidentally almost liked one of his pictures and quickly closed the app. She tossed her phone on her hotel bed and got up to wash her makeup off. When she came back, she had received an email from an executive at Columbia.

It read, "Good evening, Ms. Milan. I hope you are well and the tour is going amazing. I know for your last album we had a meeting to decide the cover for your album, but due to you being on tour and approaching deadlines, this is the most efficient way to get this decision made. We've narrowed it down to three pictures we think go well with the album, however the final decision is yours. Please make your decision before the end of the week. We look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Marian Taylor, Columbia Records executive."

Barbie sighed and opened her MacBook, pulling up the email. She opened the three attachments and FaceTimed Gabby. "Sis, I have a big decision to make." She said once the call connected. "Yes, you should leave spicy food alone." Gabby replied. Barbie rolled her eyes, "Not that, silly. The cover art for my album. Look at the options." She turned the camera around and showed Gabby the pictures.

          "Well, I haven't heard the album, but pic #1 says, 'I'm about to warm you hoes up with this fire, the champ is here!', now pic #2, makes me wanna call an ex or hug my mama, pic #3 gives me cover girl, me, myself and I type vibes, so I do...

          "Well, I haven't heard the album, but pic #1 says, 'I'm about to warm you hoes up with this fire, the champ is here!', now pic #2, makes me wanna call an ex or hug my mama, pic #3 gives me cover girl, me, myself and I type vibes, so I don't know, it's whatever you're going for." She concluded with a shrug.

Barbie laughed, "I honestly don't know what I'm going for, that's why I'm so nervous for this album to come out. I don't really have a vision for it, no type of narrative, I just recorded a bunch of songs." Gabby hummed, "It sounds like you got some things to think about." Barbie sighed, "I have to have a cover chosen by the end of the week."

          "Well, looks like you need to haul ass." "Thanks, Gab." Barbie replied sarcastically. "I will figure it out." "You do that, sis. Love ya!" She blew a kiss before ending the call. Barbie looked over the pictures and contemplated. The name of her album was 'Milan Central', a follow up of her self-titled debut album, 'Barbie'.

So far she had released a single, 'Let It Flow' that was sitting at #66 on the billboard hot 100 for the third week in a row after debuting at #20. Her label was worried about her music not doing as well the second time around, seeing as though her first single reached #6, so they released her 'diss track' and forced her to put it on the album, which changed the direction she was going in musically. It was currently on the billboard hot 100 for the first week at #14.

          Now, an argument she had with Bea Dame on Twitter and a song she wrote in frustration was a major part of her career and reputation. It annoyed her, but that was the music industry.

Her phone rang and she looked to see that it was her tour manager, Wanda. She knew she was calling to make sure she was asleep. She put her phone on do not disturb and turned off all the lights in her suite before crawling into bed.

At rehearsal the next morning, everything went smoothly. Barbie didn't miss a note, the back up dancers didn't miss a step and her band didn't a beat. The took a break and she grabbed some water, pulling out her phone and checking her notifications. A particular missed call caught her attention and she ducked off in a corner to call back.

           "Hello?" Bird answered. "Um, you called me?" She replied. "Yea, I wanted to wish you a good show. I mean, I know you're going to do great, you always do." He said. "Thanks, Bird. I really appreciate that." "And," he started, "I would like to see you before you leave." Barbie bite her lip, "I hop on plane right after my show tonight."

           "Well, what are you doing now?" "I'm rehearsing and I'll be busy all day." She explained. "You can't get away for an hour?" He asked. She twisted her lips, "I'll see, I don't know." "If you can, come to my house." He instructed.

"Your house?" She replied, puzzled, "Where's Bea?" "She's out with some friends for an all day retreat. She'll be back tonight." He replied. She sighed, "Alright, I'll see, but I have to go now." She hung up the phone and took center stage to finish rehearsing.