SLUMPED

__________ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* __________

MAYBE WE COULD

006. Slumped

__________ ・゚: *・゚:* __________

MIKE AND MAX JUMPED TO THE DOOR, max took a deep breath as mike slowly opened the door

"you losers got any idea where nancy is?" billy asked rudely, a cigarette sticking out of his mouth.

"why?" max asked.

"because, dumbass. haven't you heard?" he asked leaning on the doorway.

"heard what?" mike asked confused, slightly annoyed.

"what? she didn't tell you?" he asked a smile creeping on his face.

"quit bullshitting us and just spit it out." max spat

billy smiled "alright." he took a long drag of his cigarette "the dumb slut is pregnant."

mike felt like he was going to faint, surely billy was mistaken. nancy was smarter than that, she knew better than that. she had better things to look forward to than a child, she had so much left to do.

"billy stop being so damn insensitive!" max ordered.

"does she know who the father is?" mike asked worried.

"that's why i called her a a slur you dumb fuck, she doesn't know who it is." he rolled his eyes.

"and you're here because..?" max finally asked.

"i want to talk to her in case it's mine, but  could ask you the same thing, maxine." max looked at mike then back at billy.

"but it isn't yours, because you always say you use protection." max said.

"don't you know shit?" he asked. "sometimes protection doesn't work. and i was too drunk to remember if we used it or not anyway."

"she's at jonathan's." mike said gripping onto the door.

"give me a call when she swings by?" he asked, blowing a cloud of smoke into their faces and dropping the cigarette on the ground, squashing it with his foot.

"of course." max said. billy turned on his heel and mike slammed the door. mike started to pace around with a blank look on his face.

"mike.." max said putting her hand on his shoulder, he stopped pacing.

"why wouldn't she tell me?" he huffed.

max looked down "i don't know, but i do know that she had her reasons, and you know billy he's probably just messing with us." she assured.

"why would he come to my house just to mess with us?" mike frowned. max was at a loss for an explanation, she opened her mouth to speak and closed it. max and mike sat on the couch in silence, not glancing at each other once.

๑♡՞

finally, nancy came home holding holly, she put her down and sat next to them.

"what's up with you guys?" she asked chuckling at their serious faces. mike mentally tried to put together a sentence.

"nancy we know, billy came by." he said flatly.

Nancy bit her lip "can we talk in private?."she asked. mike looked at max and she nodded, he and nancy went into the kitchen. "don't tell mom and dad."

"they're gonna find out anyway, nancy you can't just hide the fact that a person is growing inside of you" he said hysterically. "are you going to keep it?" he asked lowly.

"i don't know." she said looking down.

"well." mike stopped himself, embarrassed he had to ask his sister this. "when did you find out?"

"three days ago." she said.

"so..it isn't billy's?"

"it could be his or jonathan's, i only talked to steve because i didn't want him to worry."

"but, i know that i have to meet with billy now, he's the last one." she grabbed her bag and walked out without another word. mike didn't know how to feel and he was uneasy at the fact that either his girlfriend's stepbrother or his man mom was the father of his niece or nephew.

๑♡՞

it had been a more than a week since mike and max found out about nancy's secret. she hadn't come home since she left to talk to billy, and now the family was worried sick, against nancy's wishes, her mom and dad found out and mike had yet to hear from any of the potential fathers.

mike, will, max, dustin, and lucas were sitting in the wheeler's basement originally talking about DnD, when will finally mustered up the courage to ask.

"nothing from nancy?" will asked.

mike shook his head "at all." he frowned.

max put her arm around him  "something'll come up, she's just taking a little longer than expected."

lucas tapped his foot "i think we should take action."

will looked at him "what do you mean?"

"will, when you went missing hopper told us not to do anything. but we did everything, we can't wait around for them to find nancy. we have to find her." he explained.

dustin snapped his fingers "lucas is right!"

max stood up "we have to check the obvious places, somewhere she feels safe.

"we could follow them." dustin said. "like we did your mom and then we'd see if they're hiding nancy."  Follow, seems like they always end up doing that but hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

"sounds about right, let's do it." will said.

"i vote we follow billy first, she said she was headed to see him anyway." max pointed out.

they all agreed and made their way out of the wheeler household.