Chapter 9

9 months later (November)

Carmen’s POV

  I heard the doorbell ring. I checked the clock and it was 3 am. What the hell? I thought to myself. What kind of wacko rings a doorbell at this hour of the morning? I rolled off my bed and onto the air mattress that was on my floor, waking Harry, who was sleeping on it.

  “Morning, Sleeping Beauty,” I giggled. I had straightened his hair and drawn a moustache on him, I knew his hair would re-curl the second it got wet because I did this to him every time he fell asleep with me around. I went downstairs to answer the door.

  The second I opened the door, I was grabbed into a kiss by, none other than Niall. When we came up for air, he spun me around. “I remember you now Carmen, I remember everything, before and after the plane crash! I love you, I love you more than anything in this world, you make my life complete, you Harry?”

  “I hairy?” I asked, looking at him like a confused puppy. Tears welled up in his eyes. I had just gotten him back!, I couldn’t be losing him again.

  “Carmen, how could you? I thought you loved me! You cheated on me! With my best friend!” he cried, walking out the door.

  “Niall! Niall, wait!” I called after him.

  “No! Why don’t we just forget all of this ever happened! You, forget me, and I promise, you won’t ever cross my mind again! This obviously wasn’t gonna work out!” he screamed.

  “Niall!” I cried.

  “Why don’t you just go snog Harry!” he spat. I sat down on the doorstep, crying. Harry came and held me in his arms. I was lucky to have him as a best friend. I cried into his chest. He treated me like I was his little sister, he always tried to protect me, and keep me from getting hurt.

  “Shhhhh, it’s gonna be okay, I’ll make him come to his senses and apologize,” he whispered, rocking me back and forth.

  “Don’t hurt him Harry, please,” I cried.

  “Come on, can’t I at least hurt him a little?” he asked. I shook my head. He picked me up bridal style and set me in his car.

  “Where are we going?” I sniffled.

  “You to are going to talk this out, like normal people,” he said, starting the car. I slouched down in my seat. We didn’t talk the whole way to the hotel. I followed Harry inside. He gave me a hug once we stepped in the elevator. He pulled me into Niall’s room where the other boys were sitting on the couch staring at us.

  “What happened?” Liam asked.

  “They got into a fight and now there gonna work it out, right Carmen?” he stared me in the eyes, “and I fell asleep with Carmen around, so your gonna work it out, right?” he asked.

  “Possibly,” I answered, sending him a death glare. Harry rolled his eyes and pulled me up to Niall’s bedroom door. He knocked.

  “Go away,” Niall sniffed.

  “Niall, it’s me,” Harry said.

  “Oh, Harry,” He said cheerfully, “why don’t you go snog my girlfriend?” He snapped. I opened the door, walked in, and slammed it shut.

  “Okay Niall, go ahead, hate me! Pretend I never existed! Sure, I risked my life to save you, and sure, I stayed with you, in January! And never left your side! And keep in mind, Harry needed those blankets to, but we let you have them, even though HARRY was the only one who thought you would survive, But go ahead, hate me, watch me not care, but don’t hate Harry! If it weren’t for him, you would probably be dead!” I screamed.

  “Then he wouldn’t have had me standing between you two!” Niall retorted, standing up. I took a step forward.

  “You really, don’t wanna go there Horan,” I said firmly.

  “Maybe I do, maybe I don’t, Daevon” Niall said, stepping forward.

  “Okay, I see how this is gonna work, your gonna wait for me to back down and apologize, I’m gonna not, FYI, even if Harry and I hade kissed, I still wouldn’t apologize, then, I’m gonna slap your sorry ass, and I’ll go on my merry way and do whatever I want,” I said calmly, walking right up to him.

  “Does that include dating Harry?” Niall snapped.

  “Maybe it does, cause I can do whatever I want, and he would never dream of hurting me like you do” I whispered. I stared him straight in the eyes, and slapped him, as hard as I could, and walked out of the room, leaving the door open. I walked up to Harry and kissed him.

  “Watch me not care, while I do whatever I want!” I screamed, before running out of the hotel room.

Harry’s POV

  Niall just stood there, crying, “Niall, I am so sorry!” I said, as I went to go give Niall a hug. He shoved me away.

  “I hate you!” he screamed, “I hate you Harry Styles!” he slammed the door and I started to cry.

  I ran out of the hotel room to go find Carmen, she was the one person I could count on to listen to me, after all the times I had held her while she cried, I knew she would do the same for me. I looked all over for her and screamed her name until my voice hurt. I noticed a note on the windshield of my car. “Dear Harry, you have been a great friend, and I love you, know one else could ever replace you. I will miss you forever, I don’t know what I’ll do without you here. You will always be my rock, and don’t ever forget me, and make sure Niall thinks this is all his fault, cause it is. Please don’t hurt him though, he is fragile. I will miss you every day for the rest of my life. Goodbye, Carmen.