Chapter 8

Liam's POV

  As soon as we landed at the hospital, Harry was taken to surgery for his leg, and Niall was taken for tests. Zayn, Louis and I were just taken to separate rooms to make sure we were okay. I was told to lay down while they hooked me up to an IV and gave me pain medication. Once the doctors left,I just stared at the ceiling. I soon found myself so bored and depressed that i was amused by counting the black spots on the ceiling tiles. Louis was in the next room and I listened to him talking to his IPhone.

  "OOOOHHHH!!! Little green pigs, you all just got served! In a bowl! With a spoon!" I rolled my eyes and soon, my eyelids got heavy and I couldn't keep them open anymore.

Louis' POV

  After a few hours of owning at angry birds, the doctor came in and told me I could leave. I walked into Liam's room an woke him up. "Louis?" Liam asked, rubbing his eyes.

  "Yeah, the doctor told me I could leave. What'd you do to get an IV?" I asked.

  "You didn't get one? I'll probably be here awhile," he groaned, rolling over, signalling me to leave. I walked out and went to the receptionist.

  "Hi, do you know where Niall Horan is?" I asked her.

  "He's in there," she said, pointing to a room. I walked in and sat on a chair beside him. I pulled a ring box out of my pocket. I had found it in one of his suitcases while looking for an extra sweater and had almost died of shock, and then over awwing. He was truly in love, and I just hoped he would wake up, propose to Carmen, and they could live happily ever after like in all of the fairytales. They deserved it. I put the ring box in the palm of his hand and closed his fingers around it.

  "Please wake up, please," I begged him. As if on cue, Carmen walked in the room.

  "Hey Lou," she sighed.

  "How did you get here so fast? It's only been like, ten hours!" I asked.

  "I found a random trail and galloped full speed down thar for about seven hours, before I got into that little town," she said, looking down at Niall. I grabbed the ring box out of Niall's hand and left.

  Carmen's POV

  I curled up beside Niall on the hospital bed. "If you can hear me, please know that I love you, that I never stopped loving you, and I never will, I will love you till the end of time," I cried. A few minutes later, Liam walked in.

  "Harry woke up and he's asking for you," he said quietly. I got up and walked towards the door. Liam put an arm around me as we walked into Harry's room. I forced a small smile that was obviously fake. It took Harry a moment to notice us cause he was in the middle of an Angry Birds competition with Louis. I walked over and sat beside him on his bed.

  "Harry?" I asked softly.

  "Yeah?" he looked at me.

  "Were friends, right?" I asked, fiddling with the bracelet I had just realized I was wearing.

  "Of course, how could we not be?" he questioned, giving me a hug.

  "I know, I just wanted to make sure," I told him, "Can we be best friends?"

  "Yeah, I'd like that," he said. Louis glared at him.

  "I thought WE were best friends?" Louis whined.

  "You can share me BooBear," he told him. Louis sighed.

  "You wanna go back and see Niall?" he asked, rubbing my back. I nodded.