S.C.H.O.O.L.

..::Chapter Five::..

..:Faith Ellsworth's P.O.V.::..

Mrs. Flynn has been rambling on about the very first automobile for the last forty-five minutes, though nobody is really paying attention. Actually, I think the majority of this class has mastered the art of sleeping with their eyes open. They’re the lucky ones.

“I thought you were teaching history, not your life story,” I grumble.

Mrs. Flynn huffs and proceeds with her tedious lecture. I mime cutting my wrists which earns m hushed laughs from the few students who remain awake. Just when Mrs. Flynn’s about to move onto World War I, the bell chimes.

Saved by the freaking bell.

Hurriedly, I gather up my things and head off for the girls locker room to get ready for P.E. Unfortunately, my luck isn’t that great. In the hallway, blocking the locker room door, is a full on chick fight. It’s about time. I was wondering how long it’d take for a fight to take place here in a school for supposed delinquents.

One of the girls is tall with choppy shoulder length brown hair while the other is none other than Chloe. I sigh. I was going to just go around them, but now I have no choice but to intervene. She’s my new friend after all.

Narrowing my eyes, I grab the girl’s hand, which is currently grabbing a fistful of Chloe’s short hair, and I twist her arm behind her back. She howls in pain and I notice her grit her teeth. I look over at a panting Chloe and ask, “Who is this chick?”

“This is Tamara Hansen, one of Shane’s exes. She kissed Shane but he pushed her way of course. That’s what started this,” she explains, glaring at Tamara.

I nod in understanding even though I don’t really understand. Relationships are so dramatic.  “Get out of here and don’t bother any of my friends again or the next time you wake up, you’ll be in the hospital,” I growl.

I know it’s an empty threat but I made sure that she doesn’t. She stiffens and stalks down the hall. Chloe hugs me and thanks me before we go to our separate classes. Once inside the locker room. I’m ambushed my Sylvia, who’s already in the P.E. uniform.

“Hey, Faith, why are you late? Hmm?” she interrogates me, taking a seat on the bench my P.E. locker.

I pull my shirt over my head and swap it with the white t-shirt. “Chloe and Tamara got into a fight but I took care of it. Tamara shouldn’t bother Shane or Chloe again.” 

I shimmy into the red work out shorts and tie up my hair before the two of us enter the gym. Perfect timing.

“Caitlyn Delany.” Mr. Lewis calls role in a loud voice.

A short and thin girl with golden blonde hair replies, “Here.”

“Faith Ellsworth.”