Miss Whorebag

..::Chapter Fourteen::..

..::Faith Ellsworth's P.O.V.::..

The place Wade brought me to was a ‘50’s style diner with checkered floors, red leather booths, and countless pictures of Elvis Presley on the walls. Molly’s Diner was in the next town over, only a twenty-minute drive, which is why I’ve never noticed it before. An old woman with bright red lipstick and a black bob guides us to the table in the back corner, placing two menus on the table before leaving.

I took the seat across from Wade, clumsily dropping my crutches once…or five times… before finally getting them to rest in place beside me. I smile meekly at him and he smirks. “Smooth,” he murmurs, dragging out the word.

I roll my eyes at him and was about to shoot back a retort when a waitress interrupted me. She was a different one than before, much prettierand much younger. She had her light brown hair up into a ponytail and she wore a pink poodle skirt.

Gag me with a spoon.

“What can I get for you today?” she asks, eagerly.

I raise my eyebrows at her false sincerity and glance at Wade, who’s trying not to laugh. Briefly looking down at my menu, I decide and say, “I’d like the chicken burger with ranch dressing, the cherry pie, a large coffee, and a side of hash browns, please.”

She writes it down and then looks at me disgusted but I merely flip her off from under the table. “And for you?” she purred seductively at my boyfriend.

Jeez, can’t we go anywhere without Wade getting hit on? And I mean come on! It’s obvious that we’re on a date. Somehow, it seems as though both Wade and Waitress Whorebag were oblivious to my glares.

“I’ll just have the double burger with fries,” Wade said.

Suddenly, Miss Whorebag sits beside Wade on the booth and whispers, “Damn, if sexy was a crime, you’d be guilty as charged.”

I couldn’t help it; I just burst out laughing. “A-Are you serious, Miss Whorebag? Did you really just use a cheesy pickup line on my boyfriend while we’re on a date?” I get up from my seat and get in her face. “Since that was slightly amusing, I’ll let you go without a broken jaw.”

Her eyes widened at my threat and she scurried away. Wade, in the meanwhile, just sat there, completely stunned.  Who could blame him though? Nobody would ever think that someone could use such a stupid line.

“’If sexy was a crime, you’d be guilty as charged,’” I mimicked, making my voice breathy like hers was.

Wade scowled at me and flicked my nose. “Did you hear that?” I shook my head. “Is there an airport nearby or is that just my heart taking off?”

I smacked him over the head at his stupid line. “That was so beyond lame.”

“Let’s see you do better,” he challenged.

I smirked. “Let’s role play. I’ll be Burger King, and you’ll be McDonalds. I’ll have it my way, and you’ll be lovin’ it.”

Wade held his hands up in the air. “I surrender. You are the queen of cheesy pickup lines,” he admitted.

“And don’t you forget it,” I reply, winking.

..::Author's Note::..

HI so I'm sorry about the previous chapter. My internet has been doing weird things and so I was unable to upload the date between Faith and Wade. Even now I'm using the wifi from a coffee shop just to upload this chapter. I plan on updating again really soon, definitely this week. I'd really appreciate it if you commented and shared this story with others. I need more fans--or follows as they call them now. And I love to read your opinions of this story and of what you'd like to see in the next chapter. Thank you!