19

the next morning i woke up around 8:30. church starts at 10:30 so i went down stairs to do the horses and come back up and get ready. around 9 i was done with the horses and went upstairs to shower and get ready. the church we go to is basically where the whole town goes. shane and I's families have gotten really close so we always tend to sit with them. after church ended everyone goes out to the court yard and will visit for a while. but for me, i found a way to slip off with shane and go to the creek that our church backs up to. "i bet you supper that i can beat you to the creek!" i shout at him, "oh really?" he said laughing as he takes off. running through the trees and brush. i make it to the creek side. "ha! i beat you!" i shouted, but no response. "shane?" i called out, again no response. "ahhh!" and out of nowhere shane tackles me to the ground, him on top of me and our eyes locked in on each other's. both breathing heavily he leans in and kisses me, i can feel my heart nearly jump out of my chest. man, i do love him. it was like a movie scene, ironic, i know. the steaminess lasted for a good 10 minuets.

   after, we make our way up on to the top of a rock and start to talk. "so are you ready for tomorrow?" he asked me. "honestly, i'm scared. every time i hit that third pocket i can just feel us crashing down again." i get silent. "hey, hey, look at me." he lifts up my chin and looks me straight in my eyes, "i've never met anyone more determined and stronger than you mase. if anyone can do it you can. and hey it's only an exhibition you can go at whatever speed you need." he kissed me. my phone rang, "my mom" i said to shane. "hello?" i answered. "hey honey, we're going to lunch with a laikynn's y'all come on back so we can go." she said. "okay we're coming." i hung up the phone and hopped down. "let's go we're going to lunch." i started walking back.
we got back to the courtyard and saw that our families were still talking. "where have y'all been?" my mom asked. "the creek," i answered.

after lunch we all went home, i decided was going to work wrangler for a little bit, only slow work. i got home and changed out of my church clothes and into some old sevens and a tank top. i walk out to the barn to find my mom all ready saddled on her horse, lady. her registered name is actually, hide your crazy, but we just call her lady. "mom?" i asked. "i haven't seen you out here in awhile, what are you doing?" i asked. mom's horses are usually at the red bluff barn and she typically works them there. "i brought lady home because i decided i'm gonna run with you tomorrow. we haven't done that in a while." she smiled at me. i smirked and went over to wranglers stall, "hey buddy. you ready for tomorrow" i whispered to him. he pulled his head back and snorted, "me either." i proclaimed. i pulled him out of his stall and tied him up. i went to the tack room and grabbed all of our tack and tacked up. i opened the gate to the arena and walked in and got on. mom and i rode for a good while that night. something we haven't done in a while and it felt great. around 9:30 we finally hopped off and hoses down the horses and went back up to the house. "i'm really proud of you." my mom turned to me and said, "you haven't let one thing stop you and i admire that." she hugged me. "thank you momma." i hugged her back.

————————————————————
Hi everyone! i'm so sorry that this book has been kinda everywhere! i've had a little bit of "writers block" and haven't been able to decide what to write next. however, i'm back and so much more with this book is headed y'all away!! thank you for reading :)