Chapter 23 - Harmony

Start from the beginning

He noticed it as soon as they shared this fantasy and the rock brook gave way in the air and threatened to fall to the ground. "Out of my head, Rey!" he commanded harshly and urged her back without losing control of the big stone.

He set the rock controlled again on the ground and glared at her, his jaw clenched and his nostrils flared. "I thought we agreed that we would no longer look so deeply into our souls unless we specifically get permission?" Rey blushed to the tips of her hair as he approached menacingly, "Ben, I swear, it was not intentional, I ..." she stopped, for he had overcome the short distance between them and now stood directly and furiously before her.

She raised her head to defend herself, then paused. She looked embarrassed and then she asked him, simply because she could not hold back, "Will we talk about what we just shared?" He stared at her in disbelief, then he could not resist a grin and shook his head: "Rey!... Woman! ... If we ever share these situation again, we should not do this, by talking about it."

At these words, an ironic and slightly suggestive smile fell over his face and he lightly touched her chin with his hand. Enough to add more color to Rey's face, if still possible. She cleared her throat: "Mmhh, ok ... I understand."

"Alright" she tried to push the fantasy out of her thoughts that did not want to disappear. "Show me how to focus more on the things to be moved, how to concentrate." The next few hours, they spent moving objects around and interfering with each other, but without delving too deeply into each other's thoughts. First, they let rocks, lightsabers or old wood of the few existing trees float. When Rey managed to preserve some of her concentration to the objects even when she were disturbed, they began to laugh and taunt each other with the floating parts. Until Rey tried it with Ben himself.

He struggled only slightly so that she managed to get him an arm's length in the air. then, however, he did the same with her and both floated weightlessly in the air. "Do you trust me?" he asked floating before her and she replied: "Yes, I do." His eyes burned in hers and he said, "Then let's join forces so we can see if we're really stronger together." She dived into his intense gaze, searching for the spot where her two forces would meet. When the connection came, both of them trembled under the pressure of power.

Immediately all loose objects in the air rose around them and began to fly around them at an ever faster pace. The mountain itself also made low-pitched noises, as if he, too, was feeling strained to go into the air. Rey's hair whipped around her face and she shouted, "Ben, that's scary, that's too much, I think we should not overdo it."

He also seemed more than impressed by their joint action and replied, "You are right, but can you feel the unlimited power that permeates us?" She took a deep breath and then smiled at him through the deafening noise and said silently in his head, "Yes, don't be afraid, I feel it, too." His eyes widened at those words he had once said to her without actually knowing exactly why he did it. If all that had happened they had both inevitably brought to this point? Was it all destiny?

He could not say for sure, but he knew with increasing assurance that Rey was certainly his destiny. His whole body vibrated with the connection with her and he knew that she was the same. "We should try to finish this whole controlled." he called to her. Both closed their eyes as if on command and gave the mental order of rest to their surroundings. After some moments, the rotation of the floating objects slowed down, and gradually they all floated back to the ground. Finally, Ben and Rey. When it was over, both could just look at each other in disbelief.

"We should be exhausted after this action, but I have the feeling I could still move mountains!" Rey said in surprise and Ben confirmed her statement with a nod. "It's incredible." he said fascinated, "but we should not neglect the lightsaber training." He replied directly afterwards and Rey agreed with him. "Let's do some exercises, one is always the leader and the other has to mentally guess the movement, so ideally we're in sync."

The task was initially difficult, as the different lightsabers left completely unknown movements. But after some time the movements of the two became more and more harmonious and unified, until both seemed to flow in an elegant dance.

As the daylight began to gradually decrease, they completed the exercises, both sweaty but satisfied with the training and climbed the small slope down to the cave entrance. There Rey stopped, staring into the sunset, and said softly, "Are you ready know to let me in, Supreme Leader?" He stepped behind her so that her back and his strong chest touched lightly and replied, "I can promise you that I will do anything to make it possible, but what's with you? Will you let me into you, Scavenger?" She said nothing for a long time, then replied, "I think, I'm ready for it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: The title picture of this chapter is  from kasiopea-star-wars.tumblr.com and it gave me a few inspiration 👌🙄