c h a p t e r - t w o

Start from the beginning

I smiled back.
"Uh, Yes, you can help me. Um, what lingerie do you guys have?" I asked, somewhat awkwardly.

She chuckled.
Her laugh and her smile was angelic.
"Don't be awkward, guys come in here all the time and asks for tips on what to buy, and your in luck, because I'm usually always right."

I smiled as she started walking around and pointing out the types of lingerie.

"Is there a certain color that you like for your wife to wear?"

"Yes. Um, black and red mainly."

She nodded and smiled.
"I know the perfect two sets in those colors. Any other colors?"

"You can choose two more colors."

She nodded, grabbing lingerie sets. She asked me other questions like size, body types, and strapless, with straps, and a multitude of other questions. I held the four main sets that I picked out, and walked with her over to the register.

I smiled.
"Thank you. For uh, helping me."

"No problem." She smiled.

"So, London," I said, referring to her name tag. "Is this your main job?"

"No." She chuckled. "When your 22 and a senior in college, this can't be a main job."

I nodded and before I could get to know her a bit more, I got a a text from Ayesha. I slightly rolled my eyes as I unlocked my phone.

Wifey❤️💍: I need you to pick up Riley from horseback riding. I'm running late at the office

Yeah. I'll get her.

"Uh, what time do you guys close?"

"11:30."

"Do you mind saving these for me and me coming back to get them?"

She shrugged and nodded.
"Sure."

I smiled and handed them to her.
"Thank you. So much. I'll be back later."

She nodded, as I turned out to leave.
Why the hell was she late coming from the office if she was supposed to leave two hours ago.
I quickly drove to pick up Riley from her practice. As she got in the car she seemed excited about what she did during class.

I smiled as I put her in the backseat.
"How was practice kiddo?"

She smiled widely.
"It was amazing daddy! I learned how to make the horse jump over obstacles and I got to ride the bigger horse!"

I chuckled at her excitement.
"That sounds like fun babygirl."

"It was!" She smiled.

I looked out the window as we passed Ayesha's favorite bistro. I noticed her car was still there, then I saw her come out laughing and smiling with another guy, her lawyer, Bryce. I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I continued the drive home. I made Riley a snack and as she sat in the dining room, I heard the front door open and close. I walked out to see Ayesha walking in.

"Hey." She mumbled, still looking down at her phone.

I turned to Riley, plastering a smile on my face.
"Hey baby, why don't you go eat in your play room for a little while.."

She nodded.
"Okay..." She walked towards the room but then stopped and paused. "Can I take the tablet?"

I nodded and chuckled.
"Go ahead."

She smiled and grabbed the tablet, happily skipping away to her room.

Ayesha finally pryed her eyes away from her phone and sat down at the island.
"Why did you let her eat in your room?"

"You weren't at your office were you?"

Her eyes slightly widened.
"What are you talking about?"

"I went by your office and you weren't there, but I passed by Beaumont's and you were there eating lunch with Bryce."

She sighed and rolled her eyes.
"It was just a quick lunch. He offered. I couldn't deny."

"You could have though that's the thing Ayesha!"

"Is this your jealousy again?"

I scoffed.
"This is just me confronting you about lying. Why not just tell me the truth?"

"I don't have to tell you every little thing Stephen! It's not like you tell me every little thing either." She mumbled.

I stayed silent, feeling another headache coming on and grabbing my keys.
"I'm going over Klay's."

She scoffed and turned to me as I walked off.
"When are you going to be back!?"

"We don't have to tell each other everything right? So I'll be back when I feel like coming back."

She yelled something else but I ignored her as I walked out of the house.