"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" KING YELLED

Ban walked back downstairs and went behind the bar to grab some ale. He sat down at a table.

"How is she?" Diane asked worriedly.

"Sleeping. I think she'll be fine." Ban stopped drinking and answered.

The whole tavern sighed in relief.

"That's good." Zenith agreed. "I was really worried, though I don't really know her."

"Thank goodness. Was she hurt in any way?" Elizabeth inquired worriedly.

"Well, she has a cough, and a cut on her left leg, but besides that, she's okay."

"Right. Did I treat that one on her leg?" Elizabeth wondered.

"You did."

"That's right. At least she's okay. What happened anyway?" King asked.

"Oh, she was playing on the rocks and slipped, then fell into the water." Meliodas shrugged. "She got caught by the underlying current, that's all."

"That'd all?!" King suddenly yelled. "She could have DIED!"

"Be quiet King!" Diane shushed him. "She's sleeping!"

"Sorry. But still. Tell the captain to have a bit more compassion." He glared at Meliodas, who just grinned and waved.

The next two weeks at the tavern went pretty much uneventfully. Though the seemingly lack of caring that Meliodas showed towards Elaine unnerved King.

Ban drank lots, because Elaine wasn't there to scold him, and sat in Elaine's room most days. Everyone visited her, and Elizabeth always brought flowers to brighten up the room.

Elaine was supposed to be fine after he second day, but Elaine caught an infection in her chest, leaving her quite weak. Eventually, it cleared up.

"So, today's the day, huh?" Elaine said nervously to Ban. They were in her and Ban's room, and she was wearing a slightly tighter dress than normal. She was turning around in the mirror, this way and that. "Does it show?"

"Yeah, it does." Ban replied, looking slightly confused. "How's this going to work? It might just make everything worse."

"Silly, I've explained it. This is the way I want it to go, and besides, it will get the truth out just as well. And just in case, you got your sacred treasure?" Elaine asked.

"Yeah, in my pocket."

"Right, well, let's go." She grabbed Ban's hand and descended down the stairs to the tavern.

Nobody really noticed, deep in chatter, until Elaine cleared her throat, grabbing their attention. "Hello!"

"Elaine! You're up! I'm so glad you're okay!" Zenith squealed. "We were all so worried!"

"Elaine!" King yelled happily. Then he stopped. "What is it? I can tell you need to say something."

Everyone turned to look at Ban and Elaine expectantly.

"Right. Well, you see, I'm, uh, expecting." Elaine giggled.

Everyone gasped and looked to Elaine's tummy, which was protruding slightly.

Meliodas was the first to react, almost tackling Elaine and hugging her. "YES! CONGRATULATIONS! I CAN'T WAIT!"

Elizabeth joined in the hug. "Congratulations Elaine! I can't believe it! I'm so happy for you!" Elizabeth hugged Ban as well, a rare occurrence.

"Well done!" Zenith congratulated the happy couple.

"Yeah, I wish I could have kids." Diane grinned. "You were a bit enthusiastic back there, weren't you?" She said to the captain.