Amicability

"So how did you feel after your encounter with Derek?"

"Um...disrespected more than anything. I felt like he had no right to speak to me the way he did or feel the need to question and judge my decisions."

"Did you forgive him?"

I know I should probably not feel this way, but ever since Derek and I's encounter, I just feel a bit insecure all of a sudden. Almost like a...hoe. I think it's because of how he talked to me and the look he gave he when he said it.

"Hey, you ok?" Josh asked as I was waiting in front of the coffee machine in the kitchen for a strong needed cup.

"Uh, yeah. I just got a lot on my mind. I'm worried about this upcoming gig actually." I said as an excuse, it was partially true. There's a modeling casting audition for MAC cosmetics coming up soon that my agent found out about due to certain connections she has.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get it. Just be yourself and if they can't accept your beauty, then fuck them." He shrugged as he wrapped his arms around me from behind then kissed my temple.

"Josh." I giggled when he started pecking my neck.

"I don't think last night was enough. Feel like going again before I go?" He asked suddenly picking me up bridal style and I squealed in surprise.

"No, I'm not really in the mood. Plus I'm having breakfast with Angel." I said jumping down from his arms due to his tall frame.

"Ok, well I gotta head over to practice, but I'll call you later." He grabbed a bottle of water and an apple from the fridge.

"You'd better." I grinned and he took his gym bag lying on the the floor and put over his shoulder then came towards me for a kiss.

"You know I will, gimme kiss." I pecked his lips repeatedly and eventually wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled away before it got too heated.

"Good luck with practice."

"Thanks." He chuckled and went to the garage, probably taking the Ferrari since that seems to be his favourite car.

I poured some coffee into a mug when it was done and added a bit of cold milk to cool it down.

The ringing of my phone interrupted the peaceful quietness I was enjoying in the kitchen while I was I was sitting on the kitchen island, reading my emails on my rosegold MacBook.

"Hey Angel." I answered the phone seeing his name as caller ID.

"Hey, I'm outside your apartment, but you ain't there. Where are you?" He asked and I nearly panicked, but then I just thought 'What the hell?'. It's not like people don't know about us already. Especially after that whole thing with the ESPYs, I didn't actually wanna go but Josh insisted that unless I wanted to rumoured about and followed everywhere by the paparazzi then it would be best to just make a public appearance and it has helped to a certain degree.

"Oh um, I'm at Josh's." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Oh? Well good thing it's morning and I hadn't drank my tea yet. So what time we meeting?"

"Uh, I gotta call my agent real quick so let's make it...09:30?" I looked at the time on my laptop seeing that it was 08:21. He agreed and hung up. I got up from the bar stool and proceeded to call my agent for updates on what she's got planned for me. I have to start thinking about when to start getting active with my business ideas. I'm hoping to have them in place by the summer. It was now April which means I have three months before I could have the grand opening in the end of July.

I took a shower and got dressed as soon the call was done then proceeded to grab my laptop bag, handbag and my car keys before going to my car and driving off from Josh's driveway.

>>>

"Hey girl. LOVE the jacket." He dramatically exclaimed giving me a hug after he saw me walk up to his booth in the café.

"Thanks, hon. So what's up?" I picked up the menu and started scanning through it.

"I should be asking you that question. You haven't talked to us lately like I was just talking to Crystal the other day and you came up so I thought what the hell that bitch up to that she ain't notice us lately. What's wrong sis, the dick is that good?" I ordered a large chocolate muffin and croissant with yet another cup of coffee before replying.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I talk to you guys all the time." I protested.

"Texting five sentences don't count. But on the though, are you ok?" He furrowed his brows.

"Ugh, I've just been very busy lately, why would something be wrong?" I'm trying to give him attitude, but the last thing I need is Angel snooping in my business.

"I can tell by the state of your nails, honey. Baby, nobody's nails should be like this. Why the hell you got nails like this when I got a salon, no, salons bitch. Come through, imma give you a discount." I kissed my teeth, snatching my hand that he was examining as he was talking away from him.  

"If you were tryna help, you could it give for free." I smiled sweetly at him, Angel's nails are bomb. He started his business making wigs still in his mom's house and eventually made it out where he started doing nails at a friend's salon back in his hometown until he got enough money to move over here to start his own thing. Now he owns two salons in, one in LA and one in San Francisco. The waiter came back with my order and I thanked before returning to the conversation.

"Watchu think this is? Shiiid, nuh uh. You ain't messing with my coin." He flipped his hair then sipped his...herbal tea?

"Uh, why are you drinking that?" I scrunched my face up in disgust.

"Girl, I'm tryna get cleansed. I got a new boo thang I been keeping my eyes on, but he's all fit and shit. Works a trainer, now I'm having pressure to try and be healthy." He rolled his eyes.

"You? A boy from the south? Be healthy." I took a bite out of my muffin enjoying it's oft freshness.

"Bitch, that's what I said. I just went home this last weekend so I'm trying to get rid of all the fats and sugars I had."

We  talked some more and I finally decided to ask him for some advice, subliminally though. "Um, Angel, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Um, what if you had feelings for someone but you can't be with them and no matter how much you try, you can't stop your feelings for them either."

"Well, why can't you be with em?"

"Let's just say the situation's too complicated and too long to explain."

He leaned forward onto the table and folded his arms. "Well, depending on what the situation is, I'd say fight for em. If they're meant for you, they'll come to you despite what ya'll are going through. One thing I've learned about the heart, it's selfish and when it wants something, it wants it." He shrugged.

I kinda get what he's saying, but how do you fight for something that belongs to someone else? Then it becomes stealing. So should I turn into a thief just to satisfy my heart?  

_______________

A/N  Ok, so this was just a filler chapter. I honestly just love Angel so much, I had to bring him back.

Thanks for reaching the goal so quick guys.

Goal for this chapter: 5 votes⭐️.