"I was thinking about that too," Antonia admitted, "Which is why the rotary phone has been abandoned, MAH is now working on something a little more helpful. We've put our best minds to it."

Roma smiled, as they decided it was safe to creep out to Roma's safe space, tucked out of sight, "And by that you mean, you?"

For a moment, Antonia appeared to be tempted to deny it before nodding, "Yes," She gave a large yawn, "It's taking it's toll..."

As Tonks walked towards the office, she felt much less nervous than she probably should have done. Despite Antonia and Roma's warnings, she was sure she could handle it. One time, she'd been forced to do a week's detention with Professor Sinistra who was perhaps the eeriest woman ever.

Her confidence led to her cheerily knocking, which would probably come off as odd. By the time Mr Carlson had answered the door, she'd adopted the gloomy pose Roma often wore to make up for this. Forcing her lips to curve down and eyelids to hang heavy took a lot of mental effort.

"Roma. You're a few minutes late," He stated. Standing at the front of the classroom, Tonks had never noticed how damn tall Mr Carlson was. He towered over his 'daughter', a strong, stocky figure that commanded obedience. She sensed this in class but it was far more powerful now. Perhaps it was purposeful.

"I'm sorry," She replied softly, "Professor Snape gave me rather a lot of Potions homework to do. I simply lost track of time."

Mr Carlsons' brow furrowed, "I shall have a word with him. It's unacceptable that you should be drowning in homework so much that it cuts into our already limited time together."

Before she could help herself, Tonks snorted with vague laughter at the idea of loud-mouthed Mr Carlson confronting the wry Professor Snape. Now that she'd like to see. 

Sitting on the desk were two cups of tea, surrounded by scattered papers. Her eyes drifted down to one that was only partially visible, covered by student papers. It seemed far more personal than the others, written in beautiful swirling handwriting.

 It seemed far more personal than the others, written in beautiful swirling handwriting

Roma was right, however, Mr Carlson was attentive. The moment he saw her eyes looking at it, he stashed it underneath the papers. Today, he looked somewhat agitated.

"Sit," He instructed and Tonks did so automatically. For a moment, she slouched before straightening up as quickly as possible. This was noted.

"You look agitated, Roma," He said. Tonks dared to look up, avoiding his eyes as instructed. His lips were turned down as his long fingers drummed on the desk. It was odd but she got the feeling he was just as angry about something too, especially given the particularly stern entrance today. Nothing Roma said implied it would be this harsh.