Part 7

-2:00 o'clock in the morning-

Hanji's face became contorted with fear and pain as she slept.

Rain poured down, thunder shook the ground and lightning lit up the darkness. Hanji laid defenseless on the ground, her body transformed into her mermaid form from the rain. Her friends, comrades, were fighting to protect her. Titans surrounded them. So many had already died... Three remained. Levi, Moblit and Mike. Hanji watched in horror as an abnormal crushed Moblit and devoured Mike. Levi showed exhaustion but he kept fighting. A 4-meter titan lunged at him and bit his leg off. Hanji cried and tried to get to Levi. "Keep fighting four-eyes, don't give up." Levi said. Tear streamed down Hanji's face. "Please, don't leave me Levi!" Hanji cried. "Keep fighting, I will always be with you Zoe," Levi said. Moments after, there was a loud crunch and a fountain of blood...

-Levi's room-

Levi was jolted awake by blood-curdling screams.

"Hanji!" he exclaimed jumping out of bed.

Levi threw the door to his room open and ran out, not caring he was shirtless.

-Hanji's room-

Screams ripped through the air as Hanji's nightmare became worse. Levi burst through the door. He was relieved to see nothing bad had happened to Hanji. Hanji tossed and turned on the bed. Levi rushed to her side.

"Wake up!" he said, shaking her shoulder.

Hanji fought against him, still asleep.

"HANJI!" Levi yelled.

Hanji shot up and went to punch him. Levi caught her fist. Hanji's breathing was erratic and heavy. Levi could see her shaking. He placed his hands on the sides of her face.

"Calm down," Levi said.

"You're all right."

Hanji looked at him, tears filling her eyes. Levi wrapped his arms around her. Hanji sobbed into his chest. Eren, Reiner, and Jean appeared in the door way, also woken by the screaming. Levi looked at them and motioned for them to leave. Eren closed the door as they left. Levi held Hanji and let her cry, he knew it was better for her to get it out. After she calmed down, Hanji sat back.

"What happened?" Levi asked.

"Nightmare..." Hanji replied.

"I...I lost everyone, I lost you. I-I watched you die..."

Levi grabbed her hand.

"I am not going anywhere four-eyes," he said.

"I will be with you always Zoe. Protecting you, caring for you, forcing you to bathe. I will not leave you."

Hanji looked at him, her eyes shined. She knew what it meant when he called her 'Zoe'.

"I love you too Levi," Hanji said.

Levi kissed her gently. He was not one to admit his feelings in fact, he sucked at it, but Hanji understood what he meant and that was all that Levi needed.

"Now that my idiot changes into a fish every time she gets water on her, I'll have to stay extra close to keep you safe," Levi said.

"Considering how reckless and stupid you can be."

Hanji laughed a little. She started to feel better.

"Stop crying shitty glasses," Levi said, drying her tears.

"I don't have my glasses on, so that doesn't work," Hanji replied with a little smile.

Levi frowned making Hanji chuckle. Levi knew she was feeling better.

"Back to bed," he said.

Levi dried Hanji's eyes again and got her settled back in bed. Hanji grabbed his hand.

"You'll stay with me?" she asked.

Levi looked at her.

"Please?" Hanji asked.

Levi got into bed next to her. Hanji moved against his side and rested her head on his shoulder. Levi tensed up. Hanji closed her eyes. Levi pulled the covers over them. The pair fell asleep together. Finally admitting their feelings for another. Although, Levi would never tell anyone, he did love Hanji, she was his abnormal idiot and he would never let anything happen to her.

In rough times, we must lean on one another for support and comfort. We must fight to stay alive and win. One day, the world will belong to us again and we can live peacefully, until then, we must protect those we care about and must survive.