Part 5

"Tch," a male voice said.

Whoever it was, pulled her glasses on and placed them over her eyes. Hanji blinked.

"Levi?" she said seeing him.

"Yes, it's me," Levi replied.

"What happened...?" Hanji asked.

"E-everything hurts."

"You don't remember?" Levi said.

Hanji shook her head.

"You were nearly killed by a titan, idiot," Levi said.

Hanji thought for a moment. Levi watched all the color drained from her face as she remembered the event.

"You have a broken leg, a lot of bruising on your right side, several deep lacerations, some damage to your ribs, sprained wrist, a concussion and had a dislocated shoulder," Levi said.

"Oh..." Hanji muttered.

She sighed and looked at the ceiling.

"What in the hell is wrong with you?" Levi said.

"Wh-what...?" Hanji replied, a bit confused.

"What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. You." Levi snapped.

Hanji just stared at him.

"I told you to stay here, but NO, you HAD to run off to chase titans." Levi said.

"I..." Hanji started.

"YOU IDIOT! WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT? DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!" Levi yelled angrily.

"DO YOU CARE SO LITTLE FOR YOUR LIFE?! DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR COMRADES?! THAT YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT HOW YOUR DEATH WOULD AFFECT US!?!"

Hanji blinked, she hadn't thought about what her death would mean to everyone, what it would mean to Levi. Tears filled her eyes. Levi's expression softened a bit seeing the tears slip down her face.

"I-I'm sorry," Hanji cried, looking down.

"I'm s-sorry..."

Levi reached out and pulled her into his arms.

"I can't lose you Hanji," he said, holding her close.

"I've lost too many people. Don't you dare even think about doing something so stupid and reckless like that ever again."

Hanji hid her face in his neck and cried. Levi let her cry, ever so gently stroking her back. Hanji's body shook with sobs.

"I-I didn't want to die...I just..." she said through tears.

"I know," Levi replied.

Hanji looked at him, tears covering her cheeks. Levi took a cloth and dried her eyes.

"Stop crying," he said in a quiet voice.

"You're going to fog up your shitty glasses and then you're blind without them."

Hanji laughed a little.

"You're a jerk," she said.

"And you're an idiot," Levi replied.

Levi was terrible at cheering people up, but his attempts worked for Hanji. Hanji sniffled. Levi handed her a cloth.

"Blow your nose, you're disgusting," he said.

"That's the Levi I know," Hanji replied.

She blew her nose and handed the cloth to Levi, who refused to take it.

"Hell no four-eyes, that is filthy." Levi said.

Hanji couldn't resist and laughed, regretting quite quickly as it sent a stabbing pain through her ribs.

"Owwwww," she whimpered.

"I told you, you have some busted ribs," Levi said.

"Yeah, I noticed," Hanji replied, wrapping an arm around her chest.

Levi muttered. He walked to the wooden storage box at the base of Hanji's bed. He pulled out an extra pillow.

"Sit up," Levi said.

With some difficulty, Hanji did. Levi placed the pillow under her back where the damaged ribs were, hoping to relieve some of the pressure.

"That should help," he said.

"Thanks," Hanji replied laying back.

Knock, Knock

"Come in," Levi said.

Eren, Reiner, Sasha, Armin, Mikasa and Jean hesitantly walked in.

"W-we can come back Captain," Sasha said.

"We didn't mean to interrupt," Armin added.

"No, it is fine brats," Levi replied.

"Nice as usual," Jean muttered.

Eren elbowed him.

"Shut it..." he hissed.

"I should punch you for that Jaeger!" Jean said.

"Oh yeah?! Try it and see what happens!" Eren snapped back.

"Enough!" Levi demanded.

"If you are going to come in here and behave like childish morons with your petty fights, then leave. Hanji needs to rest and I don't want you brats upsetting her."

"Levi, I'm fine," Hanji said.

"No, you are not," Levi replied.

"Section commander you look pretty bad..." Sasha said walking to the bed, worry in her eyes.

"Ah, nothing I can't handle," Hanji replied with a small smile.

"I can't believe you actually survived that attack," Reiner said.

"When we heard, what had happened we thought you'd be dead..." Armin added.

Hanji saw Levi's expression change and quickly changed the subject. Levi, knowing what she did, appreciated it; he couldn't bear the thought of losing Hanji, not after losing his squad.

"Speaking of the attack," Jean said.

"What was that we saw after Levi found you?"

"Shut up you jerk," Eren replied.

"Hey! We all saw it! So why the hell is nobody talking about that?! She had a freaking tail!!!" Jean said loudly.

Hanji looked down, her smile disappearing.

"Kirschtein!" Levi snapped.

"That is out of line."

"You upset her," Mikasa said.

Jean looked over at Hanji.

"I... I'm sorry Section Commander," Jean muttered.