I took the clothes with a nod and went to change.

“Next time, you ask for permission before you speak, Katsie.”

I said as I walked out fully dressed.

I could sense Katsie’s slight fear. She has been my co-assist for a year now, but she still tenses up whenever I speak to her.

I enjoyed her reaction to my words.

I motioned with my hands to exit the room and started heading to the meeting.

-        -    -   -   -   -  -

The meetings were held in a private massive room underneath my house. I walked through the unwelcoming dark hallways to reach the twisted stairs. I was accompanied by two muscular guys, and of course Katsie. She clutched on my coffee mug with her dear life as she walked beside me. Step after step, the lighting was getting dimmer with each one. Finally, we reached a broad basic grey hallway which lit up as we walked through it. We reached a great door which I unlocked with my personal key.

The guards and Katsie took a step back as I entered the meeting room ahead of them. I sensed the pack members’ fear and worry as I made my entrance casually and took my usual chair. The meeting room was nothing impressive. Actually, the whole house was nothing impressive. Sure, there was a fortune put into it, but it wasn’t the bright fancy mansion. It was more like a black and white mansion, with the black more dominant though. The mansion was always described as ‘strange’ and ‘intimidating’ by the humans, which is why I loved it.

Katsie swiftly set the coffee mug on the table and stood in a corner in the room. All the room consisted of was a huge chandelier hung on the center of the ceiling, and a long sleek black table where everyone took their places on the comfortable black chairs right in front of the table.

I cleared my throat as I organized the papers in front of me, motioning for everyone to precede working. I had papers to sign and plans to write and suggestions to read. I would usually just decline most of the suggestions because I don’t want anyone’s suggestions. I only wanted mine. What was the benefit of an Alpha anyway if I let them participate?

After a lot of declining to do, I looked up from the papers and began to speak, “I have a plan.”

With that, everyone stopped working and silent settled. The pens dropped simultaneously on the table. They looked at me swiftly then back to the table waiting for my awaiting words. There were about 15 members here including my Beta and Third-In-Command. Their job was to look after the pack.

“I will set a new training program. Everyone, male or female, starting from 10 years old has to begin with pack training, they have to be trained to become fighters.”

They were listening carefully.

“Everyone.”

I emphasized.

They just nodded.

“They will be training every day, for two hours, in a distance of five years. At the age of fifteen, they need to see where they want to be positioned in the pack : Whether they want to be pack doctors, or to work in meetings like these, whether they want to give social help for the members and whatsoever. The teenagers who want to be pack fighters will stay in training for 3 hours per day on a much more expert level. This way everyone will be trained to fight. Everyone will know how to be safe.”

I looked at them again and they looked lost in thought. Eventually, everyone nodded except for one.

Alex, a constant participant raised his hand reluctantly. I was impressed as I cocked an eyebrow and waited for him to speak up, “Alpha Vivienne, don’t you think that it’s a bit harsh? It is every day.

He swallowed loudly waiting for my response. I just looked at him thoughtfully and shook my head, “Perhaps we can make Sundays off only for the minor pack fighters and not for the ones who want to be experienced. No more suggestions.”

I replied flatly.

“Oh, and by the way, Katsie, this is how you ask permission before you speak.”

A smirk formed on my lips as I pointed at her and then at Alex. My Alpha Wolf howled proudly at my remark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

A/N : Please notice that this new story is NOT a remake of 'Unconditionally.' 

The characters are different and so is the plot.

Please note that this is still an introduction and the events will develop in the next two chapters or so.

Voting is really important for a writer here. Please help.

Lots of love

The writer,

-Lea