seven

kenzie's pov

when johnny said all that stuff, i just lost it. because it was true. if they'd done that to me, i would've gotten so fucked up. but how was i supposed to tell them why?

maybe i could just make up a reason. maybe they'll forgive me.

after wiping my eyes and leaving the bathroom, i head back to my bedroom. i notice that johnny's eyes are red, and lauren looks worried.

"im sorry. i should've told you guys the truth." i say, sitting down on the bed, positioned across from them. "my mom thought it was making me depressed, knowing i couldn't be with you guys. she though the only cure was for me to cut all connections, and she forced me to. i'm so sorry, guys. i love you and i never meant to hurt you." i bury my head in my hands, feeling even more shitty because half of what i just said was a lie.

"kenzie, it's okay. i didn't mean to yell, i guess it was just bottled up inside and i didn't realize. i'm sorry." john says quietly, putting a hand on my knee, and i look up.

"you aren't mad?"

"no," he responds, looking embarrassed. i guess he feels bad for yelling, which makes me feel even worse.

i'm a terrible person.

"lauren?" i ask, wiping my eyes. "are you mad at me?"

"of course not, kenzie. i understand." she smiles, and pulls me and johnny into a tight hug.

"i love you guys." i say again as we laugh from our awkward hug, but no one pulls away. fuckfuckfuckfuck, i think.

"i love you too." lauren smiles her award winning smile.

"i love you too." john mumbles huskily. i can feel my face flush red. shit.

"now can we finish the fucking movie?" i giggle, tearing away from our hug and propping myself in between lauren and johnny. they laugh and we watch it, and yes, me and lauren cried more. and no, johnny didn't shed a tear. but that's how i knew it would be. because they're my best friends. we were finally all together. just the way it's supposed to be. would it be too cheesy if i call it fate? because that's 100% what it is.

we watched three more movies after, and when the third one finished, we were all half asleep, our legs tangled together. my head was on johnny's lap, and lauren and i were lying down in a half hug, and john was pretending to be sick and tired of the both of us but secretly enjoyed us all being together. i could tell.

"can we sleep now?" lauren asked. it was surprisingly late, about 2am.

"sure." i smile. "john, go to the guest room!"

"fuck, okay, goodnight." he laughed and got up,  closing the door behind him.

needless to say, lauren and i don't sleep. we sing, and talk, and relax, and laugh. we catch up and make jokes. we watch youtube until 4am. then lauren starts to drift off.

"laur, before we sleep i have to tell you something." i hesitate.

"what is it?" she mumbles sleepily.

"my mom didn't make me stop contacting you guys because i was depressed over both of you." i say slowly. lauren gets up, suddenly awake.

"what do you mean?" she doesn't look angry. instead, she looks upset and fragile, like she could burst into tears at any given moment. that's why i have to be careful with my wording for the next thing i tell her.

"my mom made me stop contacting you because she wanted me to get over my feelings for john. i like johnny." i blurt out. wait, that wasn't as sensitive as it was suppose to sound. "liked." i add, not convincing myself or lauren.

"ohhhh my gosh!" laurens face lights up, and she grabs my arm happily. "jenzie jenzie jenzie!"

"no. no no no no no! don't get any ideas, lolo." i warn her, blushing heavily. this is the first time anyone other than my mom or maddie has heard about my crush on john, and both were told when john was miles and miles away.

"toooo late! don't worry girl, i'll talk to john, but i think he likes you too!" lauren winks, and my heart speeds up.

"lauren, wait! did he say that?" i breathe.

"come on kenz, he doesn't admit anything, but i know my brother."

"lauren, oh my god, don't tell him i like him!" i whisper.

"can't hear, im asleeeeeep!" lauren snores.

"shut up." i hit her on the head with my pillow, and we snuggle together, laughing.

i know she won't tell johnny if it's not right. i know she will if it is. i trust her.

giggling and hugging, we fall asleep. i've never felt more comforted than i do in the arms of my best friend.

i love you, lolo.

an// lilll bit of lenzie content, every cliche jenzie fanfic needs some! lmao i also swear this fanfic gets better it's kinda boring rn ik!!!! :( also sorry it's cheesy LMAO
-ria <3333