"What are you trying to say mum?" My mum asked.

"I'm asking cos if these children are his, and you kept your pregnancy a secret from me and your husband then you've done wrong!"

"Can you please stop.... "

"Stop what Stan?" Grandma asked cutting my uncle off, her eyes leaving mum to rest on him. "So you were aware your sister was pregnant and kept mute eh?"

"Mum this isn't about you or Emeka... "

"Shut up Tobechukwu!" She thundered, turning to her younger daughter. "Do you all even know the consequences of what you've done?"

"Mama, I think you should first be concerned of your daughter's well-being" Aunty Mma cut in.

Grandma slowly turned to aunty, forcing her to keep shut. "It's your doing, that I know. It's because of your constant I-am-against-marriage advice that forced her out of her husband's house!" She said angrily but calmly. "Are you happy now? You housed a pregnant woman till birth even when you're aware that she has husband?"

"Mum seriously you're getting on my nerves!" My mum said standing. "Is my marriage more important to you than it is to me? Are you the one in the marriage? Are you the one being beaten and starved emotionally? Or have you felt a percentage of the pain I've felt all these years?"

"I have Nneka. I have felt those pains! Double maybe!" Grandma thundered. "Follow me home and watch every woman murmur as I walk by, the glances in the meetings, the sneers, the ridicule!" She screamed, glancing at each and every one of us. Her eyes bearing pain and disappointment. "Imagine your uncle's wife! My younger mate taunting me few days ago that I didn't give you proper home training! She spoke to my hearing that it was why you couldn't handle a man and manage your marriage! The women at home believe I'm irresponsible!"

"That's it mum! I've heard enough!" Uncle screamed. "If people's opinions matter this much to you more than your daughter's happiness then I don't think you have the right to be here! Nneka is fine, and please let her be!"

Grandma rolled her eyes at my uncle and turned to my mum who was already sniffling tears.

"Nwa m (my child)" She began sweetly. "Don't you think the birth of these babies is a miracle? God's way of restoring your home?" She asked while Mum remained mute. Aunty Mma glanced at mum and shook her head in pain.

"Remember when I told you that you should try and have a son for your husband? That it might do the trick? And now Nne, you did it! This is it! Everything will be fine, I promise!" Grandma said with a smile.

Aunty Mma's face tightened.

Aunty Tobe turned to have a hard stare at her mum.

Uncle Stan had his eyes shut, his head thrown back as he appeared lost in deep thought.

"All I need do now is to arrange a meeting with him, once he sets his eyes on his sons, his heart will melt and he'll forgive all your errors and take you back!"

"You'll do no such thing!" Uncle thundered springing up from his chair. "I forbid you mama from contacting him!" He added taking quick steps towards grandma, whose eyeballs were filled with panic as they glanced up at her son. Uncle Stan got closer to grandma and arched his back a little, lowering and pushing his face into hers, his finger pointing at her. "If you dare try.... "

"Stan it's okay. It hasn't gotten to this" Mum said weakly.

"No it's not okay!" Uncle answered mum harshly. "Has mum here asked to see your sons? Since she stepped in here, has she asked you how you're doing? What's this nonsense about keeping a fake appearance in the public while dying slowly inside? What's this about keeping beliefs and atrocious values while ones life is at stake?"

"Mum, please let this news not get to Emeka yet. Nneka needs her rest for now" Aunty Tobi pleaded.

And the four pairs of eyes turned to grandma, waiting patiently for her decision. And then she budged.

"Fine!".
******
Against her promise, grandma reached out to dad with the news. Excitedly, she spilled everything to him.

"Excuse me Mama, could you please repeat what you just said?" Dad asked.

"Emy my child, you have two sons now. Your wife just delivered a set of twin two weeks ago. Two boys for that matter, Isn't that wonderful?" Grandma asked excitedly.

Dad was silent.

"Are you there? Emy?"

"Yes I'm here Mama."

" Oh, you were silent so I thought I've lost the connection." Grandma paused. "But I actually thought this was the moment you'll screech in happiness!' She added disappointedly.

"You know Mama, I'm quite surprised." Dad began.

"Why?"

"Because Nneka wasn't pregnant when she packed up and left my house"

"Oh" Grandma laughed. "She didn't know then. Pregnancy doesn't just show up immediately after intercourse, it takes few weeks before a woman notices." Grandma explained. " You should have known this by now".

Dad chuckled. "It still doesn't explain anything Mama. Those aren't my kids. Say me well to them!"

"Emeka.. Emy... Wait... Wait"

But the line was already dead.
****
Hi all.

I'm very sorry for leaving you all hanging. School has been crazy. Remind me not to further after this 😂 😂.

I'm glad I finally updated. Can't believe it's almost a week I posted the last chapter.

Thank you for still staying with me. Kisses and hugs.

PS: Thanks to those of you who checked upon me. I feel loved.