intro; finnterlude

- the dinner party

"for the love of god alex, do something with that hair. you look like your goddamn father." my mother said, scoping my body out in disgust. "oh please, you're too kind." i commented, sarcastically. "and where are the pants i gave you to wear?" she asked me. "in the trash can wear it belongs." i told her truthfully, picking at my nails. she then grabbed my hair and began attempting to put it in a bun. she then went on to babble about how hard she's trying to keep this family together yadda yadda yadda. but all i could think about was wendy's 4 for 4 deal.

then, the door bell rung. my mother gasped dramatically before grabbing my shoulders and turning me to face her. "grab a tray and smile like you wanna be here." she told me quickly before running to get the door. "dona! wow, well don't you just look beautiful!" i heard my mother's faint voice filled with forced enthusiasm as i walked into the kitchen to grab the first tray covered in cocktails with sugar rims.

i then went out into the ball room and began serving our guests. our "ball room" was really just a big room with a fireplace and a seating area. there's enough floor space for the drunkies to break dance or start a conga line.

"look how big you've gotten" "how old are you now?" "you look just like your mother" "you've grown into such a beautiful young lady" "remember me?", spoke random guests as i walked by. mind you, i've never met these people before tonight. so that was the first sign that my mom put too much alcohol in the drinks again. my mother throws these parties often so i'm used to these types of crowds.

by the fourth hour, my feet were killing me and i'd had just about enough of the guests. so, i returned to the kitchen and took a seat on one of the stools. i then threw off my shoes and massaged my sour ankles. after resting my head on my arms for not even a minute, in comes someone bursting through the kitchen doors.

"oh, Cinderella? where are you, ya little monster?" she slurred on her words, exposing how drunk she was. she was very drunk.

i lifted my head, mentally face palming myself for coming back in here. i then turned around on the chair to see my mother, crookedly walking over to me, a slur smile plastered on her face. "what are you doing in here sleeping? get out there and serve the guests, they're hangry." she informed me, giggling like a child. "hangry...get it? like hungry and-oh, of course you get it. fucking nerd." she joked, messily slapping my face.

i then slapped her hands away from my face, causing her to smile to fall into an angry frown. "you know you don't have to be such a bitch like all the time, right?" she asked me, grabbing my attention. i opened my mouth to say something but restrained myself. shes drunk and doesn't know what shes saying. i continued to tell myself as i got up from the stool, rolling my eyes at her.

she then grabbed my arm and spun me around. "don't you walk away from me!" she yelled, tightening her grip. i yanked my arm back and scuffed. "do not touch me." i told her, sternly. "y-you cant tell me what to do! i'm your mother!" she stumbled on her words, as she furrowed her eyebrows. "oh right, because you're so good at." i commented, sarcastically.

she looked shocked at my comment. "w-well...maybe if you weren't such a bitch all the time, we could be a better family!" she yelled, tears starting to flood her eyes. "well maybe if you weren't such a fuck up, dad would still be here!" i yelled, without thinking. and in one quick moment, my mother raised her hand in the air and slapped me right across my face.

and right after she did it, a gasp left her mouth and she covered her mouth with her shaking hand. "oh my-alex i'm so-" she began to apologize but i stopped her. "save it." i choked out before turning on my heel and sprinting out the back door. "a-alex where are you going!...i'm sorry!" my mom's voice faded more and more the further i ran.

i don't know where i expected to go on foot at 2 in the morning but i somehow ended up at the lake a couple blocks down from my house. once i arrived, i just stood in front of the water and caught my breath. but the longer i stared, the more i took in the scenery. by now, it was pitch black outside and the moon is the only light source. the way it reflected on the water looked so beautiful, i couldn't help but fall into a trance.

i was so distracted, the faint sound of running, yelling and bright lights didn't faze me. not under the noise got louder as the it got closer but, by the time i took notice, it was too late. the second i turned around, someone ran straight into me, causing both of us to fall straight into lake. the little bit of light that kept the water from being pitch black, aloud me to see the other person. at least a little bit of them. they had long dark hair so i assumed it was a girl but they immediately covered my mouth with their hand.

they then put their index finger over their mouth, telling me to be quiet then pointed towards the surface of the lake where the light was coming from. it was hard to see anything under the dirty water but from common sense, i assumed they were cops. it wasn't until i started to go light headed that i threw the girl's hand off of my mouth and pushed her out of the way before attempting to resurface.

but, unfortunately i failed. only because the girl fucking grabbed onto me and pulled me down again, making me flop around like a dying fish. i felt like i only had a few more seconds of life before i passed out. and as expected, the last thing i saw was the moonlight shining through the water as my eyes fluttered shut.

a/n; ty bbys for reading my story i'm so sorry for dying but as promised, i have rose from the grave to snatch wigs once again! so stay tuned love bugs ;) xoxo