Chapter Nine

I woke up to smell my lavender and vanilla candle. I yawned and heard shuffling next to the bed.
I opened my eyes and felt at home as I saw Alexander in his favorite shirt. No shirt. I offered a sleepy smile.

Then I saw the chain marks around his neck. The night came flooding back to me. My mate's words rung through my head. Witch.

No. I couldn't be true. I was a wolf, a wolf. A. WOLF.

My heartbeat kicked up and I sat up feeling sick. He would hate me, I couldn't even look at his face, he would hate me for the rest of my life- yet he was here, that means he didn't know right? He didn't know. He'll find out and he's going to kill me, I'm the same kind of monster that killed his mate and when he found out he would tear the flesh from my bones and laugh.

My face must have shown my feelings because Alexander started to say, "Ray--"

"I'm a witch," I said curling over on my knees tears already streaming down my cheeks. I wouldn't look at that face that stood by me through everything.

I didn't have to wait for him to yell, without hesitation, he said, "So?"

I froze.

"I trust you." He said.

The words shattered me.
I sobbed even harder, to good, he was too good, I didn't deserve him as my Beta or my friend, had I listened to him last night he wouldn't have chain marks surrounding his neck and wrists like a brand.

In a second he was on the bed wrapping me in his arms murmuring softly that it would be okay. That we would figure it out together. I didn't deserve him. I never would.

=== === ===

Thane

(Three years ago)

I paced the shoreline waiting. Yelosa said the witch would come this way as she fled the castle.

One shot. I had one shot. The spell was that the first person she saw would trick her mind into thinking it's her mate.

Yelosa told me she would make sure the witch landed in the water as the sunset. The sunset made the clouds a red the shade of blood. Then I saw the witch. She was a bird flying through the sky.

Shapeshifter

The words Yelosa whispered to me last night.

She would shift into what skin was most comfortable, the more common the animal the more comfortable. Keep her near wolves she will be a wolf Yelosa had explained.

Then the bird was shot down by pure blackness. I jumped in the frigid water and swam out. She was beautiful.

Keep her contained the witch said. The king was not happy with her making his son fall head over heels for her. I grinned.

=========

Hey guys,

Hope your liking the story so far, you guys are the best!
MtPalmTree out!