She's a Tattletale

Start from the beginning

"So you like girls. And Malfoy?" Ron sighed, clearly trying to get his head around the announcement.

"I mean, I guess," Harry shrugged.

"Wait, how long have you been having gay feelings for Malfoy?"

"Can you not call them 'gay feelings'?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"Fine. How long have you had these 'not gay feelings' for Malfoy?"

"Seriously, not helping."

"I'm just trying to understand!"

"I've been almost sure for about a week but if I think about it, ever since he started opening up I haven't been able to help myself being a little interested," Harry admitted.

"Right," Ron squinted at him. "You've got to tell Hermione, mate."

"I know. We've got potions next, I'm sure Malfoy won't mind me leaving the potion to him, lest I ruin it," Harry tried to lighten the conversation with humour. Ron didn't seem impressed.

+ + +

"That wasn't quite what I was expecting," Hermione smiled a little when Harry revealed his secret to her. She glanced back to Draco who was beginning the potion set for the lesson.

"So are you going to tell him why he's an idiot?" Ron asked desperately.

"Of course not," Hermione placed an arm on Harry's bicep defensively. "I'm surprised, but I think it's cute. Right out of a romance novel."

"Thank you?" Harry smiled unsurely.

"You better go back to lover boy," Hermione smirked. "Slughorn's coming."

"He's not my-" Harry cut himself off, there was no use fighting it.

"I thought for a moment they were hoodwinking my favourite assistant," said Draco without looking up from the potion when Harry returned to his side.

"Good to know you missed me," Harry retorted sarcastically. "Also assistant?"

"Of course, I have been carrying you all year," Draco shrugged. "Pass me those Lionfish Spines."

Harry picked up the spines and offered them to Draco lazily.

"Put a little pep in your step, would you? I can't work with your depressing attitude," Draco rolled his eyes.

Harry sighed, knowing he couldn't win against Draco's will. But he couldn't help himself as he leaned against the table, watching Draco do the work that he himself probably should be doing.

"Enjoying the view?" Draco smirked. Harry choked on air, causing Malfoy to raise an eyebrow in his direction.

"Shut up, Draco."

"Never."

+ + +

Harry was used to people staring and whispering whenever he went anywhere in the wizarding world. Every year in Diagon Alley or a new batch of first years arrived Harry felt like they saw him as this amazing spectacle.

He was not expecting halfway through the school year, however. Even students in sixth and seventh years were doing it which made Harry incredibly uncomfortable.

The Great Hall was even worse. As he made his way to were Ron, Hermione and Ginny were sitting it felt like the eyes of the entire school were on him.

"Where have you been?" Scolded Hermione in a hushed voice, her eyes darting around.

"I forgot my jumper," Harry frowned. "What's going on?"

"You don't know?" Ginny raised an eyebrow. "It's all anyone's been talking about since yesterday afternoon!"