Chapter one

Justin walked out of the M2 BRAVO air-soft arena.
"Thanks for spending the last day of summer at the arena Justin." "You're welcome Tyson." "I have to go home now." Tyson started walking toward his house. He crossed the road and vanished with the night. Justin was disappointed that it was the last day. Tomorrow, he'll be entering high school, which was way different from the middle school. He thought about his girlfriend, Summer. Would she be going to a different school? Will all of his teachers be dog shit? I guess he would just have to wait. As Tyson did, Justin walked toward his house through the night, slowly getting out of sight of the air-soft arena.

Justin arrived at his house and walked in. He was greeted by his 7 year old sister. "Justin, do you know where mommy and daddy are?" He looked at her. "Probably asleep Hannah. Best you should too." Hannah agreed and went to her room. Justin did the same. He layed down on his bed, and went to sleep.

Justin's dad woke him up at 3 in the morning. "Dad? Why do I have to get up so early?" "We have to go the World War 2 veterans ceremony in West Virginia remember?" Justin sighed with frustration. "It's grandpa Chuck's 68th birthday, and we have to come." His dad said. "But that's like, 10 states away! " Justin, we're going." Justin shrugged. "Alright." He said

Justin, Hannah and his parents boarded the plane at 5 AM in Orlando, They had a straight shot flight to Charleston airport WV, even though the ceremony was in Morgantown. They arrived at 7 AM. The ceremony was at 10 AM so they had to book it.
They arrived and took their seats with thousands of people in the big auditorium. A speaker walked towards the microphone. " May I have everyone's attention please. This is a special day. Today we honor those who fought for our freedom in the deadly conflict of World War 2. For these 234 veterans who could show up today are going to be given long overdue rewards for there actions." The speaker started calling out names and those veterans would come up to receive there awards. Justin tuned them all out because He knew grandpa Chuck was last. After an hour, the only veteran who was left was Chuck. "And Finally ladies and gentlemen, Charles Davidson." Thunderous applause came from the audience. " he held his position at the alpha base in Germany by himself against 1000 German troops, he led the charge to enter the border of the German father land, and he survived The front of Omaha Beach. Justin knew Chuck led the charge at the border but he didn't know Chuck held of that many soldiers on his own. With his cane, Chuck walked up to the speaker to receive the grand award, and proceeded to give a speech. "Many have known of my actions over 40 years ago, and lots have come up to me asking how did I do it. Well, when we charged Omaha Beach, everybody was dying all around me. And I realized that not everyone was coming back after the war. So I decided to give it my all. I remember that my young 24 year old adrenaline never died out." Applause came from the audience and Chuck sat back down. The speaker went to the microphone. "Alright folks thanks for coming out today there are pictures outside with a meet and greet. Justin and family met Grandpa Chuck outside. Justin's dad spoke to Chuck. "It's time dad." Chuck nodded. "Justin." "Yes grandpa?" "Come with me under this tree." Justin followed. They both sat down on the grass. "Why did you bring me over here grandpa?" "Justin, I never told you the full story of how I survived World War 2.