| 01

CHAPTER ONE—AMELIA

CHAPTER ONE
AMELIA

۵

"IN AND OUT," She said to Clementine as they approached the gates of the prison. "Promise." Amelia held out her pinky.

  Clementine just nodded, taking Amelia's pinky into her own. It was a sort of Good luck, be safe, for the two of them. They had started the routine when Lee died.

  "Hold it right there," Amelia heard a gruff voice from behind her. "Put down your weapons."

  "Can I help you?" Lia asked the man as she turned around. The two girls had had their fair share of assholes throughout the winter months.

  "Who are you?"

  "Someone who wants to go kill the Roamers filling up the fields. Can I get back to it?"

  Amelia took a minute to study the man's face. He had a sort of gruff look to him, but she wasn't one to judge quickly. He held onto his crossbow rather tightly, the weapon obviously being his security blanket.

Clementine tugged on Amelia's shirt and looked off in the distance. Amelia looked towards her gaze and saw that the man had a whole group.

Amelia gave Clementine the peace sign, letting her know to keep her weapon up. Not even seconds later did Amelia pull the gate open, running through them.

  "Damn it," Amelia heard someone say, loud enough for her to hear it. She heard a man begin yelling orders before she heard footsteps running behind her, killing the dead as well.

Amelia used her hand gun to shoot one of the Roamers before she heard another gun fire behind her. Irritated, Amelia took a short look at the person who shot the Roamer behind her.

Her anger lasted a mere five seconds before she got a good look at the man. He had curly hair, a bit of a beard. But Amelia knew the man. She had only had a side glance but she recognized the blue eyes.

"Keep moving!" He yelled towards her and she just nodded, not being able to speak. A million questions ran through the woman's head. How is he alive? How did he survive all of this?

It was another five minutes before the two had finished and the gate at the front was chained shut. Amelia put her hands above her head and the man turned around to look at her.

"I really have gone crazy," She breathed out.

"It runs in the family," Rick looked at Amelia before the two hugged one another. The sound of laughter and happy sobs surrounded the yard causing the others outside the yard to smile.