The Day She Walks

Ever since I was born, I was never liked by others. I wasn't the one who was picked first in gym and seemed to always play by myself at recess. I was never invited to birthday parties and I was that strange kid who never had any. I was an outcast at school and at home.

My parents have always hated me and other kids avoided me scared of my parents' wrath. I found myself wondering quite often if it was really me or my parents.

Now it's not me that they hate, it's beasts and vampires. An unwritten agreement was once made, humans would leave the supernatural alone and so forth.

The unwritten agreement had flaws and didn't stop hunters nor fear from disagreeing. Humans fear the supernatural because of their abilities and the supernatural doesn't want to deal with humans.

Me being hated by everyone, I never felt the same way they did. I never saw the point of fear. I don't see the need for it, especially when it comes to the supernatural. Because of my point of view, it brought a lot of dislikes.

Bringing this day into something called the book of history. It was just another day in the life, January 5 of twenty twenty-one. The year I was supposed to graduate. It started something like this;

A sigh escaped before I could toss my books onto the desk in the middle of the room, waiting for the tardy bell to ring. Only an hour left of this stupid class anyways. I swear time slows down in this boring classroom, I'm blaming the witches.

The hatred I feel seems to be directed at the classmates, and the teacher even more. They were all brainwashed and I never got along with anyone.

"Evangeline James!" The teacher called looking around the classroom and sighing once her eyes landed on me of all people. She used to call the principle so much on me, that he just gave up.

After a few times, I realized there wasn't anything that I could do that would make him kick me out of school.

She dropped the board onto her desk before quickly starting the lesson, not even checking to see if the other kids are here.

"Evangeline you better listen this time." She questioned still facing the whiteboard annoyed more than usual. She always seemed to keep me from my thoughts, because she never had any respect. Figured, these people never did in the first place.

I softly nodded only to realize my mistake but didn't make a move to correct it. My mind then raced to the land of theories, blocking out another boring laughter.

"Evangeline, would you like to explain to the class why the supernatural is dangerous?" Silence filled the air as they waited on an answer that I wouldn't give. "Does anyone want to help her out?"

"How about I answer for myself. The supernatural is not dangerous and this class is pointless, there you go."

"Pointless?" The teacher dropped the marker onto the floor before spinning around, "You are learning about your enemies, how is that pointless?"

"Yours."

"What?" She questioned completely lost.

"They're your enemies, not mine." I muttered.

"You live in this country, don't you?"

"Just because I live here, doesn't mean I have to pretend to hate someone just because everyone else does. Plus their not even our enemies-if we were smart enough we would have them on our side."

"What is your problem, James?" A classic joke, Nate, questioned leaning on his desk. I started beating my head on the table but stopped after I realized that it wouldn't help. He was still here, and nothing I did would change that.