🤦Chapter-20 🤦

Sashi pov:-
     "Be ready kanna...The groom's family will be coming tomorrow to see you"as soon as these words slipped from his mouth,i
stood frozen there....
    They started searched just a 2 weeks ago..Never did I expected that pellichoopulu (formal meetings of both bride and groom) will be this early!I called abhi immediately but I have no guts to say to him and ditch my family and disconnected the call immediately...Later  I've sent an email requesting for a leave..I Haven't taken leave in a while..So.there won't be any problem..
   vamsi called me..I am in no mood to speak"hello!!"I said sadly
  He asked "what happened peepa?Why are you talking like zombie?"
  "Shut up waste... Tomorrow I am having pellichoopulu"I said worriedly..
    He laughed like maniac"don't worry peepa...They will runaway after seeing you..."and he started laughing again...Then..Then.. Tomorrow I am sure I will tell this scandal to everyone...bandari pellikuturu (pellikoduku paripoyadu)"and he laughed again which means the groom ran away seeing this fat bride..
    "Rey waste... You are talking too much..And it's my mistake to tell you..Get lost"and I cut the call...Even in this situation he didn't fail.to bring smile on my lips...I wish he was here...
                    **************
   Next day morning...I got ready in beautiful kanjivaram saree..Note this only the saree is beautiful..Not me..I have no interest to get ready but my cousin got me ready...I came out of my room and saw the festive mode in our house..My father is 90%sure that the boy will say yes to this match...He is genuinely happy assigning different tasks to servants..."Get the table set...Ask if the food was ready...Make sure the room is spotless the guests must not feel any discomfort.."he is as excited as a kid...And my mom on the other side is busy preparing variety of snacks and setting plates and giving final.touches to the dishes..overall effect is awakening a small nervous in the pit of my stomach...I had this feeling that I am doing wrong..But I had no option left...
    I have heard that the groom is doing government job also our horoscopes matched well..My parents will accept even a donkey as their son in law if it has government job...I thought sadly
   Soon the groom's family came..One by one are getting down from the car..my cousin's hid behind the curtain of our bedroom window and trying to look at the guy..Soon a man in his late twenties got down he is like school going boy..Pale blue shirt neatly tucked in..His hair neatly parted and combed and his shoes are polished..I can say he is well desciplined..
  After sometime,I was called into hall even though I have no heart to go..I went and started serving tea to everyone and finally sat opposite to so called groom..I was strictly instructed not to lift my head and answer politely..His mother is a homely lady asked me if I know how to cook and if I can sing..I sang a song which is the last thing I wanted to do.... Soon after formal talks,they have sent us to garden to talk personally...i led him to our garden and asked him to sit..we both sat..my heart is encouraging me to tell him that I love another guy..at the same time my mind is warning me to keep calm..He asked me a few questions abouy my education and career..And Finally he spilled the beans"did you like me?"
         I gathered all my courage took a deep breath i am scared equally..i can hear my own heart beat..i gulped and started saying"actu"just then his sister called us and I remained silent..He asked again for which I didn't reply just kept my head bent...They left saying that they will tell their decision in two days..
     That night is the worst night of my life I tossed and turned but couldn't close my eyes..Next day I left to office hoping to meet Abhi..Bit sadly he has gone for a meeting to Chennai and his phone is switched off...I tried calling his secretly but her mobile is not reachable too...I am sick of calling him all day and sent him a mail saying that I need to talk to him...To my utter disappointment, nothing worked...
      My work in beautification almost completed and I will be soon shifted to my previous office..I reached home in the evening cursing my fate..
     While having dinner,my dad's mobile started ringing and my heartbeat started rising...Father of the groom has called my nanna...He left the plate midway and started speaking to them in balcony...I was here wishing that "they must say no..They must say no"chanting like mantra...Under my breath...
     After few minutes,nanna came near us walking slowly and settled on chair..His eyes reflecting sadness..He said"they said no to our match...They didn't like our sashi"he sighed and washed his hands..I have never seen my nanna like this in my whole life...He walked into their room and shit the door..My mom followed him...
      All my happiness I had just a minute ago vanished seeing my dad's face.. Instead my blood boiled with anger..If they didn't like me..Why the hell did they come to pellichoopulu...They must have rejected looking at my photo itself...It wouldn't have raised hopes in my parents...If they don't have intension to marry a girl by seeing her physical appearance..Why did they come to our home? Millions of questions stuck in my mind..I just wanted to slap his face for doing so... Later I blamed myself for reason of misery to my parents...I hate myself..I am of no use..I can neither make my parents happy nor abhi...I am useless...I wrote this in my dairy and slept...
     Next day the same routine happened..I went to office..From there to site...The plants are well developed now...They started creeping the wall with support..Abhi didn't return yet I wonder what's taking him this much time...I am tired to calling him and his PA and leaving texts...I even called the hotel the receptionist mentioned that he would be staying while he visit Chennai...They said he didn't check-in their hotel...I am completely restless now...I reached home exhausted and frustrated...I expected that the environment will be dull..But it's a complete contrast...There are many footware outside...I wondered if my relatives came to my home...And slowly entered inside an to my utter shock,there is another match our match broker has fixed meeting with...And I am like"what the fish?"

Hello friends!!!How is the chappie?What are your predictions? Comment below on the comments section...And don't forget to hit the star below and share the story with your friends....

Have a great weekend ahead...Until next Wednesday..This is anu signing off.. Khudahafiz