Chapter 42

I knew I would have to wait a bit until letting Ashton and the others that I remembered bits and pieces. I knew if I did thay'd expect me to remember everything right then and there. I sat on my bed, wearing tights and an acid washed skater skirt. I had on a black sachi halter top from Brandy Melville along with my Iris Longline kimono from TOPSHOP paired with my black Chelsea boots. 

Riley knocked on my door as I looked at a tiny mirror, examining my face and neck where I used to have bruises like crazy. "Come in." I told her as she opened the door. She came and sat in front of me, examining me. "How are you?" she asked, mentioning to my amnesia. 

I shrugged and stood up, putting the mirror back. "We're all going to get lunch and walk around town. Would you like to come?" she bit her lip, hesitant about it all. I knew I wasnt going to eat, she knew I wasnt going to eat. I nodded and grabbed my phone, following Riley out the door as I put my hair up in a bun as a few strands hung loose.

We walked downstairs to see the shop slightly busy as the boys waited for us. My eyes landed immediately on Ashton. His hair was longer and messier, he had a black bandana tied around his head and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. He had on his signature black ripped skinny jeans with a bit of an oversized black sweater and black boots that were very similar to my own. 

"Hi." he told me softly, I could feel myself blushing slightly. "Hello." I told him and pushed back some loose strands. 

Riley looked at us and smiled, "LET'S GO IM HUNGRY." she yelled happily and dragged Michael and Calum who grabbed Luke and Ashton who grabbed me. We walked down the street, I kind of trailed behind everyone as they all talked and joked around. We went into a diner down the block and waited for someone to sit us at a table. After waiting for about 5-10 minutes we got sat down. I sat between Luke and Ashton as Riley did the same with the other two boys. 

A waitress came by and about had a heart attack when she saw who she was serving. They all took a picture with us, they all gave her an autograph. She was mainly attached to Ashton, and all I did was stare at my phone that was resting on the table. Riley tapped my foot underneath the table, I looked up at her and she could see it in my eyes and looked over at the waitress who was going all fangirl over the boys. 

"Hey waitress, why dont you do your job instead of trying to flirt with guys you dont have a chance with. You work here, I havent eaten breakfast and Im fucking starving. So if you dont mind, I would love if you took our drink and food orders and get it done. Thanks." Riley barked and crossed her arms. I couldnt help but hide my smile, the boys got the memo and sat down and told the girl what they wanted. I asked for a water and that's all I was having, no questions asked. 

Good.

-

Halfway through everyone's food, I got up and went to the bathroom. The food smells were giving me a headache. I didnt go inside I just stood in the hallway, getting the occasional smell of  cleaning supplies from both bathrooms opening and closing.

Ashton walked into the hallway and I felt like I couldnt breathe for a second. "Ashton." I breathed out, he immediately walked over to me, embracing me into a hug. 

"I know what you're thinking about the waitress and I know you've stopped eating." he whispered while pulling me closer. I grabbed his face gently in my hands, examining every feature. His bright eyes, his light stubble, his chapped and slightly torn lips. I smiled and ran my fingers over delicate features on his face. "You're so lovely Ashton Irwin, and you deserve a princess." I whispered, allowing my shaking hands to leave his face. 

He looked me in the eyes, studying me as I did him. He chewed on his bottom slightly and then released it, he spoke nothing because his eyes hid confusion as to what my message was. He kissed my forehead and went into the mens bathroom as I made my way to our table once more. 

I didnt sit down or anything, I told them all I was going to walk around the town for a bit. I didnt wait for her answer, I just left the diner and looked down both sides of the street. I went to the left, where there werent much people.

I walked down the street, looking at all the faces I've never seen before. Faces that all hold a story. Depression, happiness, psycho, mental disease, anything really. I looked on as a couple yelled at each other, resulting in the woman slapping the man and crying. And then you have your relationships. The hardest stories to tell.

I walked to a nearby park, which was pretty packed. I sat down on a bench and observed everyone. Young boys using sticks to sword fight like pirates. 10 year olds climbing trees as though its a obstacle course. A picnic blanket that held 2 little girls playing with dolls while drinking juice boxes.

Over to the left there was a couple about 2 to 3 years younger than me, they were on their first date. The girl had a single daisy and had a light rosy blush as the boy reached to grab her hand, nerves revealing in them both.

A group of marathon runners training for god knows what. A male couple pushing along their ginger haired darling in her stroller as the laughed about stories from the day before or future plans. And the group of kids my age, sitting in a circle passing along a joint as though everything was perfectly okay. And the boy walking towards me and preparing to take a seat next to me. 

Wait what.

He had blueish-green eyes and dark hair. He was taller than me and wore a black leather jacket paired with a white shirt and blue jeans and moccasins. I couldnt help but smile a bit at the combo of clothing. 

But again, he sat next to me and turned to me. Shit. "Hi, my name is Sam." he smiled, showing his perfect teeth. I took in a deep breath, "Hi. Im... Im Brinley." I introduced myself rather awkwardly. "No offense but why are you talking to me?" I asked curiously. He did a small laugh and looked out towards the people passing by. 

"You were doing the same thing I was."