Chapter 35

I pulled away from the boy infront of me to see we were stopped infront of a field with a pathway. I was easily lead out of the car but still needed a bit help with balance because it's complicated to walk in heels after just getting out of the hospital. Ashton held my hand steady and lead me through the tall grassy field, following a soft gravel path. 
Lanterns lead all along it, lighting the way to wherever we were headed to. An opening appeared son enough, revealing a wooden deck with the lanterns all around, some hanging from trees hanging above. There was a small table with a white cloth and candles, along with a meal awaiting, the steam still visible as it showed it was just placed there. 

"It's beautiful." I whispered just as soft music began to play in the background.
The music began to appear slightly louder as Ashton pulled me into a clearing on the deck and wrapped one hand around the small of my back while the other held my hand still. We slow danced on the deck, the only sounds being nature, the music, and my heels slightly. His voice slowly began to fill in as the song switched to a karaoke with back vocals while Look After You by The Fray started to play. 

(play look after you by the fray now please, audio links arent working at the moment, sorry x)

I looked at this loving boy in front of me and couldnt describe the emotions I was feeling. I wanted to remember every little thing with him. I wanted to know everything that happened between us. I wanted to discuss past dates, future imaginations held together. But I could, because I couldnt remember who he was, only the vivid picture he's giving me of himself, the small puzzle piece that he gave me along with pictures.
His eyes closed as he rested his forehead against my own as his vocals increased while his heart poured into the song.

"ooh, ooh
be my baby, i look after you"

I ran my fingers lightly through his hair, watching as a smile began to appear as he sang, as my fingers comber his light curls. He was smiling because this was a familiar action for him, something I probably did more than I thought was consciously possible. Spinning me gently, without letting go of my right hand once, he held me from behind as my arms overlapped and he sung softly into my ear as we swayed to the beat of the song. 
Even if my memories didnt come back, I knew Ashton in a previous life. A time period in which everything was both bad and good. Where his dreams werent being held back due to my submissive falter. Ashton and I had love in another life. And Im glad that he had to experience that, Im glad I was able to experience happiness again before almost dying. And I couldnt thank him enough for that. 

Ashton POV

I held Brinley close as I softly sung Look After You into her ears, the melody projecting from the tempo of the beat. She spun out of my arms to allow herself to wrap her gentle arms around my neck as my now free hand automatically found its way to her petite waist. I gazed her in sky like eyes as the night lights brightened her appearance, practically projecting her to have a glowing like posture.

The wind passed by us, giving a light chill as her hair blew gently, slightly falling in her face. As cliche as it could possibly get, I took this opportunity and pushed her disturbed hair out of her face and behind her ear, smiling slightly. I left my hand cupping a bit of her jaw and a bit of her cheek, hesitating to see if she would pull away.

She didnt.

Brinley stayed put but didnt tense up, she didnt look confused, she didnt look happy, she looked deep in thought.. Could she possibly be thinking of the endless possibilities that cross my mind about her, but having them about myself? I took the chance and had a slight step forward so our noses were basically grazing each other. Her eyes fell into mine and lit up as the stars somehow became brighter and the song was no longer karaoke but the original format. 
I took a deep breath, feeling her hold her own breath as well, I didnt want to push it. I didnt want her to regret coming on this date with me. I didnt want her to come to a conclusion that I was never hers and I only wanted to take advantage of a girl with a forgotten memory. I leaned in and kissed her forehead and pulled away slightly. 

"I dont want to kiss you if you dont remember me.. I dont want you to kiss me and regret it all in the morning. I dont want to be the mistake that-" within seconds my mind became foggy and the only thing I was able to pick out was the way her soft lips felt upon my own. Brinley was kissing me, and I was doing no such thing to persuade her. 
After a few seconds of doing absolutely nothing, my mind attached to my body as my lips joined with hers, giving back the gift she gave me, a kiss.

~

Brinley POV

I sat on my bed, replaying everything from tonight. I looked at the clock that read a bit past 3 am and I knew I couldnt fall asleep, I couldnt wrap my mind over the events that occurred today. I got up and tip-toed out of my bedroom and quietly made my way down to the shop, everything was off but everything was where it should be. 
I made me a hot tea and took out a few berries, putting them in a bowl. I sat brought them back to my room with me, sitting them where they wouldnt fall on my bed. 

I looked at my phone to see I had a new text message, I unlocked my phone quickly as I was able to remember my password, thankfully. Ashton had texted me. 

Hey Brin, I dont know if you're awake right now but I hope you had a good time tonight. -Ash
Open your balcony door? x -Ash

I got up quietly and padded to the door, opening it reveal a shivering Ashton who had climbed up to the floor just to get inside my bedroom. To the boy who spent all evening with me, wanted to spend more time with me. I brought him over to my bed where I had agreed to share my tea with him.
"Tell me more about us." I spoke confidently. He looked at me, a sad yet happy smile playing on his lips as he set the cup down. 

"Okay.