1

"Lucas, get up! You have school in approximately 20 minutes." I groaned. Achieving the task of not being affected by a blazing alarm is a skill in itself but alas, that is to be ruined too by my beloved mother.

Taking a quick glance at the timing, I made my way to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and taking a quick shower, I had already taken up 15 minutes.

I ran down the stairs, running towards the kitchen, I saw the same arrangement as always. Its like we live in a time capsule; everythings the same but the days are moving by, fast.

Anyways, as always, only two of the seats were occupied of the 8 seater table. My dad, reading a newspaper, was sipping on his usual cup of coffee and toast while my mom was talking to him about the usual business inquiries.

I cleared my throat, "mom, i'm going to have to skip breakfast. Already am late. Sorry." Quickly, I kissed my mom on the cheek before running out the door.

Even this was ordinary. I just didnt feel like going through the gruesome process of eating under the stress full environment of my beloved home.

Approximately at 8:30, I reached the school hallways. School started at 8.

My school was a pretty popular private school, Quantum High. Deserted Highways just made me smirk of my end of day outcome. Its not that I enjoyed putting teachers through hell, I just got a good feeling by testing their limits.

I pushed open the door to my English classroom. Mr. Hudsen, my English professor shook his head as the door made a loud bang.

"Mr. Gayer, late as always. Its pointless to argue with you any more. Just take your seat and receive your detention slip by the end of the period."

Smirking, I make my way to the back where Tyler snickers while Matt is more engrossed in whatever he is browsing through in his phone.

Bumping my fist with either of them, I place my bag by the table, pulling my phone out. My stomach grumbled, which I chose to ignore because come on, what could I possibly eat. I had no snacks as I don't believe in pointless eating.

I quickly log into my instagram, checking out Tessas recent picture which basically was a good angled photo of blue painted nails. Giving up on trying to figure out whatever girls find amusing in this, I simply liked the picture.

Its quite shocking as to how we could use our phones even though the teachers were well aware. Guess they were tired of our useless behavior.

You see, we weren't really the only friends; me, Tyler and Matt. We had our own group of friends. You might consider us as the Popular Table people. But we were relatively close as compared to rest of our friend. We had known each other from when we were practically in diapers and back when we just cared about trying to steal some candy without our parents knowing. We had another close friend, Cole.

It was just too easy for us to be friends. We basically grew up with nannies but we had a healthy childhood. Our parents were bound to be friends, apart from their differences; considering they all were pretty wealthy business people and they had connections with eachothers families. Call it business workers or something, im still glad to have known these idiots.

As soon as the lecture ended, which was like 15 minutes after I arrived, as each lecture is practically of 45-50 minutes of absolute torture, we made our way out of the room when I was not-so-subtly called back to receive my slip, which I so did forget about.

"Hey, you guys coming to Aarons party tonight?" Tyson, one of our team mates asked.

"Im not really looking forward to it." I said.

"Sure." Matt and Tyler replied, looking at me like I had grown two heads.

I dont really blame them, Im all up for parties so it must be weird for them to take in my no.

"Jesus guys, chill. I mean, we had a pretty big game coming up and as its Saturday, you know coachs going to pour hell on us in practice."

I don't know about other schools but we had practice during every Saturdays and it just got brutal as hell as our games neared, due to coachs theory, You have no school so its easy.

"Easy, don't drink." Tyson shrugged.

Not possible. Although I might have the perfect life, I was still up for numbing every emotion in my body for at least whenever I can.

Its just weird. I had it all. Popularity, wealth, health, not to brag; my good looks. But I just didn't feel like it.

"I don't know, dude."

"Come on, gayer. Don't be such a wimp." I glared at Tyson. I did not like being challenged.

I could tell Matt and Tyler could sense the tension even though we were walking towards our second class.

"Im in. But don't come bitching to me when we have to do 500 push ups under the extreme heat with coach yelling at us because we are wasting away our bodies." Tyson thought for a moment and then went forward towards whatever class he had.

"You know, you could just not go if you are that tensed up about it?" Matt shrugged. He was seemingly the most calm one and reasonable one out of all of us.

"Yeah, like he would pass up a challenge." Tyler laughed.

I had maths next which, unfortunately, was the class where none of my best friends had with me. Apart from the fact that its just plain brutal.

Authors Note:

I know this looks short. But this is just, sort of a demo, to how's it going to be. I have the next part written down. I will upload it soon, after editing. Till then, thanks for checking out my story!