Log 4 - Kurosawa Dia & Matsuura Kanan

"Is it recording already? Ah, it is. Uhm... hello there. I don't know what to say for today. It was quite a bad day. We're sure a tenth person is present at this place now.

A letter was found by Chika and Kanan this morning. Kanan, would you read the note please?"

"Of course. Ahem... Don't be afraid. I'm not here to harm you. I'm just making sure you've got enough food etc. in stock. It is true, I am watching you but it doesn't matter who I am.

We've brought you here as our experiment. We're testing on how fast people freak out and are going insane when being in such a situation.

That's all the letter said. We're not sure what to do yet, but I'm sure we can do it."

°•°•°•°•°

"Good morning." Chika and Kanan entered the dining room together, when they noticed no one was there yet. They both were really tired. Dark circles were underneath their eyes. They didn't sleep that much.

They took their seats and waited for the others to arrive. Soon enough, You and Mari were the next ones to enter the room. They too were really tired and didn't look like they've slept much but at least they seemed to have had more sleep than Kanan and Chika.

"Good morning." Mari and You said without getting a response. Kanan and Chika had just fallen asleep on the table. "They didn't seem to get much sleep as well, zura." Hanamaru said as she got in along with Ruby.

"It seems like we both didn't get much sleep..." Mari pointed at the doorway to see a half asleep Riko stumble into the room. Yoshiko seemed to be the only person that did get some sleep.

"Huh? Where's Dia?" Chika asked as she lifted her head off the table. She looked directly at Hanamaru and Ruby, who were Dia's roommates.

"You didn't actually leave her alone in her room..." Kanan stood up from her seat. "I'll get her. She said.

"Wait Kanan, you can't go alone! I'll come with you." You said and followed her. "Begin breakfast without us!" Kanan shouted as they left.

"Seriously, how could they leave Dia all alone when we all agreed to stick together...?" Kanan complained as they made their way to Dia's room.

They gently knocked on the door. "Dia? Are you awake?"

They didn't get a response, so they decided to open the door. "Dia? Where are you?" There was no one in the beds. They heard silent crying from the bathroom.

"Dia...?" You gently opened the door to find Dia all crumpled up on the floor, hugging her knees. "What happened?" Kanan lifted up Dia's head to see that her head had a bleeding wound.

"Oh Jesus Christ! You! Scream for help!" You nodded and since she couldn't walk around alone she screamed from the top of her lungs.

Soon enough, the other girls ran to the screams origin. "Who's in charge of the healthcare today?" You asked. "Me and You." Chika raised her hand. "Okay. We quickly need to get some bandages and Ice. The rest stays here."

"What happened?" Ruby asked. "No time to explain we need to be quick now!" You shouted and ran off with Chika. Ruby was as worried as ever about her big sister, so she rushed into the bathroom. "Dia!" She shouted as she found her sister on the bathroom floor.

"I'm sorry we've left you alone... it's all my fault!" Ruby cried. "Don't worry Ruby, I'll be fine." Dia quietly said. The wound on her pounded and it hurt a lot but Dia learned to be strong. She wanted to scream all the pain out, but she couldn't.

"We're back!" Chika and You quickly ran into the room and carefully cleaned Dia's wound. They then wrapped a bandage around her head.

"Thank you so much..." Dia said as she got up. "How did this happen?" Kanan asked as everyone has gathered around them. "I... can't remember..." Dia replied. She really didn't remember.

Kanan sighed. "Guess we can't do anything about it... we need to leave it like this then." She added.

°•°•°•°•°

The rest of the day, nothing really happened. Everyone was too tired to do anything but no one was able to sleep either. It was like something was telling them to stay awake.

They sat down in the meeting room and stared at either the wall or ceiling. No one talked. No one moved. Not until someone grumbling stomach told today's cooks to prepare dinner.

"Let's get to cooking, Mari." Yoshiko said as she got up from the loveseat in the back. Mari sighed. "Good idea." She replied and they went off to the kitchen.

"I remember!" A loud voice interrupted the silence. It belonged to Dia.

Kanan looked at Dia with curiousity. "So... What happened?"

"I heard Hanamaru and Ruby already leave when I was in the bathroom. I wanted to hurry up when I felt a presence next to me. When I turned around, no one was there..." Dia seemed to feel really uncomfortable.

"When I then looked back at the mirror, my facial features were gone. It scared me so much that I stepped back and hit my head on the metal rod behind me."

"Your facial features where gone?" Yoshiko asked in disbelief. "I'm not lying. It's true..." then it was silent. No one seemed to believe Dia.

Chika sighed. "Maybe something like that might happen again to someone else. I'm sure Dia isn't lying. She wouldn't do that."

°•°•°•°•°