A Wolf is Dangerous Alone in The Woods

A/N: My mood swings have been worse than usual and I feel like I'm going back into that bad phase of whatever it is I have (most likely chronic depression) and this came to mind. So yeah.

Derek was glad, in a way, that he got to transform into a wolf. It was fun and once you got the control over the transformation, it was a great feeling of freedom. He turned into a wolf and sat back for a few hours, watching the wolf be wild and free and happy. It was great. He could feel his wolf getting stronger and the feeling of freedom intensify every time he transformed. The only time that he fully transformed into a wild beast, though, was during the full moon. The other moons, he was a regular grey wolf.

During this full moon, however, something was different. he felt trap in the wolf instead of free in the forest and lost in the wind. He was trapped and the wolf knew it. The wolf had gotten stronger to trap him during the full moon. Derek knew something was going to happen. He knew he'd hate himself afterwards but he also knew he wouldn't be able to control it.

The wolf stepped out of the woods and closer to the Hale House. Derek could smell and hear the pack inside. Stiles, Lydia, and Allison were the only ones that smelled like usual since the rest of the pack was under the effect of the moon. Actually, no. Allison and Lydia were the only two that smelled like usual. Stiles smelled different. How come?

Derek could feel the wolf getting impatient about something. The wolf was growling and pacing and growling again. Derek could hear footsteps coming out of the house and the wolf froze. Stiles came out of the house to sit on the porch.

The wolf growled low in its throat and slowly got closer to Stiles. Derek was trying to get control of the wolf back. Begging it to stay away from Stiles. The wolf ignored him. He saw Stiles as a threat. Something to kill instead of Derek's lover.

Derek closed his eyes and when he opened them the wolf was crying in pain. The wolf repeated the same words over and over, lick a chant of some kind; 'Mate. Killed.'

Derek exploded when he realized why the wolf had killed Stiles. 'Of course he was my mate! You might have seen him as a threat to my family's bloodline, but he was my mate!'

The wolf crying in the woods shrunk back to a human. The human crying in the woods howled in pain. The wolf gave the human the power to decide once again. The pack of humans and wolves alike ran out to see their Alpha's despair and their pack mate dead.

Stiles had been killed by the wolf. His body has been destroyed by the wolf's claws and teeth. His body had been dead before the bites could even take effect. He was lost.

For the first time on a full moon, the pack was sad, angry, and in pain. They had lost one of theirs. For the first time, humans and wolves alike howled to the moon. They had lost their Alpha's mate and, by losing him, they lost their Alpha as well. Two people in one night. One dead and one barely living.