THROUGH THE YEARS.

through the years of the toziers.

☆彡

from the young age of sixteen until the first step to becoming a young adult at eighteen, richard tozier and eileen lankman were each other's world. to simply put it, the two were enamored with each other. together, they went through everything—their first fight, their first "i love you"'s, and being each other's first times. but at the end of their senior year of high school, everything changed. an acceptance letter from yale university changed everything.

eileen couldn't wrap her mind around being accepted into the school of her dreams. she, a girl from the little town of derry, would be attending an ivy league school.

a long distance relationship, a five hour drive, would be the glue in their relationship—or so eileen thought.

"i can't." richie would tell her. he couldn't love her while she was miles away. eileen had to decide between the school of her dreams and the boy of her dreams.

so when the following september came, eileen packed her luggage and boxes into their family car and traveled five hours to new haven, connecticut. no goodbyes from richie, no calls during the school year, not a word.

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

when the summer of 1995 rolled around, eileen ventured back to derry, maine to visit her family and any members of the losers' club that remained in the small town.

she spent that summer with eddie kaspbrak and stanley uris, feeling as if a part of her was missing.
"have you guys heard from rich?" she reluctantly asked, but she knew that if anyone had heard from him, it would have been eddie.

"after you guys broke up, he uh, he got his shit and left for california. he said that there was nothing left for him here. he gave me his new number, if you want it." eddie revealed.

that night, eileen felt herself bite the inside of her cheek as she grew nervous about calling richie. she didn't know if he wanted to talk to her, let alone come back to derry to see her.
"hello?" was all it took for eileen's heart to beat faster.

she didn't know what to say or what to do, but her mouth opened as she let the words fall off of her tongue, "hi, richie."

the young lovers spent hours on the phone that day. that six hour phone call brought both of them to a realization—they were still very much in love.
"we'll give the long distance relationship a shot. okay?" richie proposed.

richie and eileen wouldn't let anything, not even three thousand miles, tear them apart again.

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

when eileen lankman walked across the graduation stage with her bachelor's degree in linguistics, she didn't think that she could become any happier. yet when she saw that her boyfriend of three years had surprised her at her college graduation, she stood corrected. the ultimate shock of her life was when he proposed that same day with the offer of a life time.

"i know you just graduated and i know that we don't have any money to our name yet, but you would make me the happiest guy in the world if you would be my wife, eileen. will you marry me? oh, and move to california with me?"

but it was good enough for eileen. the twenty-three year old accepted the proposal and the newly engaged couple moved into their one bedroom studio apartment in los angeles, california.

per richie's idea, the two eloped the following year of 1999 on a bright, sweltering summer day.

it wasn't until two years later that eileen found herself holding a tiny positive pregnancy test. the married couple had dinner that night where they both revealed exciting news.

"i'm getting my own radio show!"
"i'm pregnant."
"what the fuck?"

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

on march sixth of 2003, richie and eileen tozier were shocked by the arrival of their baby girl, jade olivia tozier. the then twenty-seven year old richie would never say it out loud, but his daughter was the best present that he could have wished for.

it wasn't until jade turned a year old that richie realized, "holy shit, e, have you ever realized that jay looks so much like you?"
"rich, i am her mother, y'know."

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

with richie dedicating most of his time to his radio show and eileen focusing on editing novels and other works of literature, the two didn't have much interest in having more children.

nevertheless, mistakes happen and nine months later, eileen gave birth to their baby boy. reece tozier was like his mother in every way, often striving for success and excellence yet the young boy cursed just like his father.

both of the tozier kids did.
"ah shit! dad, my game stopped working!" jade cursed out one night.
"where did that language come from, j—oh fuck!" richie groaned as he stepped on one of his son's toys.

the toziers were a little dysfunctional, but they were a wholesome, loving family.

☆彡

JADE 'jay' OLIVIA TOZIER

"women are strong as fuck.
my dad taught me that."

REECE EDWARD TOZIER

REECE EDWARD TOZIER.
"you don't have to be a bitch
just because you're going
through puberty or whatever."