chatper three :)

Landon Baxa

I was so happy that I was able to kiss Haylie's cheek. My heart was bursting with joy and my wolf was happy as ever. She makes me feel so complete. I parked at my apartment and went inside. Drake was there, he's the leader of our pack. "Hey Drake what are you doing here?" I asked removing my coat and shoes. "Why are you messing around with a seventeen year old girl?" He spat. "She's my mate Drake. I'm in love with her. I can't help myself." I said. "She's young and innocent! Do you realize the danger that you're putting her in? What if an enemy pack attacks and kills her? How would you feel?" He yelled. "I don't want her hurt, it would kill me if something happened to her. I'm in love with her what am I suppose to do?" "You break it off with her. Tell her it was nothing and your feelings were wrong." "No! I cant loose her!" i cried. "You break it off or I'll do it for you." He slammed the door and left. The next day after class I asked Haylie to stay so we could talk. "Sure Landon whats up?" She asked. "Haylie, I cant be with you anymore. The kiss on the cheek was nothing. My feelings were wrong. I don't want to be with you." The words killed me to say. She had so much pain in her eyes as tears fell. "What?" Why? Am I not good enough? I though you liked me Landon. I really did I didn't know you would play me like this!" She yelled. "Haylie I didn't play you! I would never play you! There's just things I can't explain. I wish I could tell you everything but you wouldn't believe me." I pleaded. "I would believe you Landon! God I fell for you so hard! I fell like a complete idiot!" she cried. "No! You're not an idiot Haylie, I am!" She got her bag and went to the door, "What ever Landon. I cant believe you would hurt me like this." I ran and grabbed her arm, "Haylie please, I don't want to hurt you. This is for the best." She tossed my hand off her, "Leave me alone. Don't ever talk to me again!" She yelled and ran out of the room. I wanted to run after her but I couldn't. I wanted to pick her up and tell her the truth and kiss her and tell her how much I love her. "It;s for the best." I turned and saw Drake. "Drake how did you get in here?" I asked. "It doesn't matter. You did the right thing. You need to focus on the pack." I sat at my desk and put my head in my hands. He came over and patted my shoulder. "Its the right thing Landon." "Then why does it feel like I'm dying?" "it will pass. I'll see you at the meeting tonight." He left the room and I have a free period so I took that time to cry silently in my room and let my heart break in two.