Chapter 6 - Thunder

Start from the beginning

"So, how is your fencing going?" She asked to change the subject, hoping to cheer him up.

He took a deep breath to clear his head and gave her a small smile. They chatted and laughed for a while as they walked back to the bakery. When they reached the bakery, they stood in front of the doorway for a while, wrapping up their conversation on puns. When Adrien had finally given up and admitted that puns are awful, they hugged and said goodbye.

"Goodnight, Adrien," Marinette said sweetly.

"Goodnight, Mari," Adrien replied before leaning forward and planting a kiss on her forehead. He then turned around and walked away.

Marinette calmly walked through the bakery, said goodnight to her parents, and walked up the stairs to her room. As soon as she was alone, she flopped down onto her bed and squealed. She celebrated her success at talking to him without stuttering and she was so excited that he had kissed her forehead. The whole time, however, a thought was trying to force its way to the front of her mind. She glanced over at her window, half hoping to see his face peering in back at her, but she didn't. Instead, all she saw was the moon beginning its rise into the sky.

She sighed - although she wasn't sure if it was from relief, sadness, or joy - and went to her sewing desk to work on a midnight blue, knee-length dress that she had been working on for a few weeks.

RING! RING! RING!

Marinette tipped over in her chair and crashed to the ground. She sat up and peeled a piece of thread off her cheek. She slowly stood up and slugged over to turn off her alarm. She must have fallen asleep while sewing last night. It was a slow start that morning for Marinette as she got ready to head back over to the Agreste Manor for her second day of interning.

By the time she had gotten to the front gate, though, she had woken up and was very excited. They spent the day learning about different fabrics and threads. Most Parisians would be bored by this, but it was so much fun for Marinette. Adrien would occasionally chime in with little tricks that he had learned throughout the years, and from reading Marinette's books as Chat Noir, and stories that his costumers had told him.

Adrien, throughout the whole day, kept having to catch himself and stop himself from staring at Marinette. She was so beautiful. It only felt like minutes to Adrien, but suddenly he was interrupted from his thoughts by his father telling him to walk her home. He smiled and nodded his head. He led her out through the foyer and out the gate.

As the pair strolled down the streets of Paris, they chatted and laughed before they had gotten to the door of the bakery. They said goodbye, Adrien gave Marinette a quick kiss on the cheek, and they parted ways.

The days carried on like this. Every morning Marinette would go to the Agreste Manor to intern, Adrien would hold himself back, Marinette would learn, Adrien would walk her home, and repeat.

Finally, the Thursday of the second week that Marinette had been interning, Adrien had a photo shoot, the first that Marinette could go to with him. She had watched many of his photoshoots from afar but never gone to one with him. The photoshoot wasn't in the park like most of them were. Instead, it was two towns over in Nanterre, for a collaboration Gabriel was doing with another designer and would be staying in a hotel for the night. They didn't leave until 2:15 pm, so Marinette spent the day packing. When her alarm rang at 1:45, she dashed off to the Agreste household. She calmly walked to the gate only to be met by Nathalie.

"The limo is waiting for you over this way," She said calmly as she led Marinette to a white limo. She opened the door for her and Marinette climbed inside, finding herself sitting in the seat right next to Adrien. He looked over at her and smiled. Nathalie closed the door and walked over to the limo that she and Gabriel were sharing. The two teenagers spent the 12 - hour car ride chatting and laughing. Eventually, it began to get dark and Marinette began to get sleepy.