Chapter 27

"Everything is okay," Rigg says with a grin as he holds me.

Alaska is asleep on a chair as Rigg and I watch the twins lay in separate incubators. Both of them had low body temperatures due to being born outside, so they have to be in the incubator to keep warm and to get their body temperatures back up. They also have to be in them since they were not full-term and are tiny from having to share the womb. It's okay though, it is helping them stay warm and to continue growing.

Other than the low body temperatures, the twins are just fine. They are healthy, and their lungs are working properly, which surprised the doctors. It didn't surprise Rigg and me, though, they are werewolf pups, after all, so they are already stronger than a normal human baby would be, even if they were not delivered at full-term.

Lyra is doing good too. After swearing at the paramedics, doctors, nurses, Rigg, and me, she finally settled down when she was able to get some juice and go to sleep. I wasn't too concerned with her temper because she did just give birth to twins naturally without any painkillers, on the side of the road no less. None of us were prepared, so her temper was expected.

The doctors hypothesize that the twins will have to be in the incubators for at least a week, but they will keep a regular eye on them to make sure everything continues to go smoothly. Honestly, Rigg and I don't see the twins needing to be in the incubators for a week though, they will grow strong quickly and the incubator is only helping to speed the process along.

It's Lyra who we need to watch. Nothing went wrong during the labor, only that my daughter was born face-up, meaning it put a ton of unnecessary pressure on Lyra's tailbone. We still have to watch Lyra though to make sure she doesn't have any after effects like infection or anything.

"Have you decided on names yet?" Rigg asks me as he holds me from behind.

"Names," I mutter. "I had a few picked out, but, looking at them now, none of them seem to fit,"

"Hmm," He hums against my neck before kissing it. "You have a few days to decide the nurse said,"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," He whispers. "But, why don't you run some names by me? Maybe saying them to someone will help you decide,"

I sigh and nod my head. "Okay," I whisper. "I was thinking maybe Elodie after my grandma on my papa's side. But, now that I'm looking at her, Elodie doesn't seem right,"

"What was your second choice?"

"Jana or Thea. Janna with a J though and not a Y,"

"Hmm," He hums. "Jana. Thea. Elodie Thea. Jana. Elodie," He tests out the names. As he says the names though, it comes to me.

"That's it," I mutter as the imaginary lightbulb goes off over my head.

"What's it?" Rigg asks confused.

"Thea Jana Elodie Carver," I grin as I look at the small sleeping pup in the incubator. "What do you think? Does she look like a Thea Jana Elodie Carver?"

Rigg hums as he nods his head in agreement. "She most certainly does," I can hear the grin in his voice, which makes me smile even more.

"Thea Jana Elodie it is then," I grin. "Now, as for the boy, that one wasn't as hard,"

"What did you come up with?"

"I kept going back to one name that was on your baby list for Alaska. And looking at him, I think it's the one. I just need a middle name for him,"

"You chose one off my list?" He asks surprised.

"Of course," I snort. "What do you think about Kadyn?"