Twenty-Six

This chapter is dedicated to BeCreativee  for being one of the sweetest readers I know:) and also made my day a few weeks ago with a very sweet message.

My mom smiled proudly at the nursery with her hands on her hips.

"It's beautiful Mom, thank you." I gave her a warm smile and Jesus also thanked her.

"It's amazing." He said as he looked around the room with adoration.

The walls were a soft color of light grey, one being a darker gray that had white stars right above the crib that was placed against the wall.

A stuffed elephant was right next to the crib on the floor.

A changing table and a rocking chair where on the other side of the room with a small closet to the side that had all kinds of baby clothes.

A soft rug that was gray and white was placed in the middle of the average sized room.

It was simple but perfect. My eyes got a little watery as I placed my hand on my stomach. Just five days away.

Jesus creased my cheek as his thumb ran over my tear streak stain on my cheek. "I'm so happy." He whispered and placed his forehead against mine.

I saw my mom smile at us in the corner of my eyes and left the room to give us our privacy.

"I am too." I lean up to kiss him.

=

For the last five days until my due date, Jesus has decided to stay over until it was time.

Then most likely he would continue staying.

Nathan placed a plate of cut up fruits in front of me. "I made these for you." He said and sat down.

Immediately Tyler got a piece of kiwi. Jasmine smacked his hand. "That's not for you, dumbass." He shrugged and plopped the kiwi in his mouth.

"It's just one." He smiled sheepishly at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Where's Alex?" I asked while eating a strawberry. "He went grocery shopping for your mom." Nathan said and slouched down in his seat.

"I'm gonna go get some water." I said and was about to stand but Jesus, who was beside me, immediately got up.

"Sit. I'll get it." I frowned. "I can do it." I was gonna get up again but he shook his head.

"It's fine, I can do it." Before I can complain he left the room.

I got up anyways and jasmine complained. "Why can't you just let him do it?"

"I can walk, thank you very much." I started making my way towards the kitchen but suddenly stopped as I felt a burning sensation in my stomach.

"You okay?" Tyler asked and I took a deep breath and nodded.

This has been happening for a week but the doctor said it's totally fine and it just means I'm close to my due date.