Twenty-Five

"Evelyn, can I talk to you?" My Mom asked right when I walked through the door.

Lena has dropped me off home just now.

"Yeah." I walked through the hall towards the living room where my mom sat, her glasses on, and paperwork scattered on the glass table and wooden floor.

I made sure not to step on any paper and sat next to my mom, who gave me a blanket.

"First, I wanna ask, how are you feeling? Your due date is now one week away." She smiles brightly at me. "I'm excited." She sighs in happiness.

"Yeah, So are we." Jesus couldn't stop smiling just thinking about it. "Nervous and happy I guess," I say after a while.

"What- what if I'm a horrible mother?" I say while frowning.

My mom sighs and grabs ahold of my hand. "Evelyn, I know for a fact that you're gonna be the best mother in the world. You and Jesus are gonna give your baby so much love and try your best to be wonderful parents. I believe in you guys." I give her a soft and small smile.

"What'd you have to tell me?" I asked and her eyes brightened.

"I have a surprise for you and I know you're gonna love it." She got up from her spot on the couch. "I'll go get it." She runs out of the living room towards the kitchen.

I lay back and close my eyes. I've been exhausted these past few days.

I open my eyes slightly when I hear more than one hushed voice.

"Surprise!" My eyes widen slightly when I see my siblings standing next to my mom, all of them having on huge grins.

I gasp softly as I feel my eyes start to water. I try getting up but with a huge stomach, it's a bit hard.

My mom helps me up and my siblings immediately bring me into a family hug. "Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you guys since the baby shower!" I laugh while I wipe my tears.

"I know it's been so long." Nathan chuckles.

"Your stomach has definitely gotten bigger since last time we saw you." Jasmine laughs and I smile, my hand immediately going to my stomach.

"So, the due date is close, where's your boyfriend?" Alex asks and sits down on the couch.

"He's back home with his family." I go over to my mom and hug her. "Thank you, Mom." She laughs and hugs me back.

"You needed this. Your siblings could definitely make you less stressed. I'll be in my room, I'll let you guys catch up." I nod and kiss her cheek.

She grabs her papers and makes her way up the stairs.

"I'm happy she adopted you. You were the final one." Alex lightly laughs.

=

"Mariana!" Jasmine screamed as she ran to Mariana and jumped on her back making them almost fall down to the floor. "I missed you!"

Jasmine wrapped her arms around Mariana and they both laughed loudly and rocked back and forth as they hugged.

It was Stefs and Jenna's birthday party today. I walked into the kitchen where Lena and Jenna were with poppy.

I sat down on the kitchen stool as Mariana showed me, poppy, and jasmine a text.

Can't wait to kiss you again.

It said. "Oh my god! That is so sweet!" Poppy said. "Who's it from?" I asked and took a piece of bread.

"Logan." Mariana smiled. She texted him back and her face fell.

"What?"

"Um, ju- just, hold on!" She quickly typed something on her phone. "Oh my god. I didn't save anyone's contacts, and I totally just Loganned with Mat." Her eyes widen.

Me and poppy laughed. "I'm confused," Jasmine said.

"She's trying to go out with three guys." Poppy said. "Oh, by the way, I'm poppy." She smiled at Jasmine.

"Jasmine." She smiled back. "Evelyn sister." She turned back to Mariana.

"Three guys? Damn girl, I can barely get one guy to like me." Jasmine laughed.

Jesus came in with my brothers.

"Hey, Honey, how was school? Do you have your homework?" Lena asked Jesus as he kissed my cheek.

"Uh, I-I got some of my classes, but I forgot math." Lena sighs and takes out her phone. "Craig is supposed to remember-"

"What- what are you doing?" He quickly walked over to Lena.

"Hey, Mariana." My brothers greeted my best friend.

"Pretty girl." Tyler smiled at Poppy. I smacked his head.

"Sorry about him," I told her and she shook her head. "It's fine. Who are..."

"Oh, these," I motion my three brothers. "Are my annoying brothers. This," I point to Tyler who called poppy pretty. "Is Tyler, and next to him is Nathan and Alex." They greet poppy.

"Tyler is 15 so ignore him," Mariana said as she put down her phone.

"Excuse me, I'll be sixteen in two months." He winks at poppy again who laughs.

=

"Do you have any single male friends." Jasmine sighed. "All the guys in Colorado aren't as hot as the guys here." She takes out the rubber band in her hair to let it fall down.

"The only friends I have live in here," I say and she pouts.

We were sitting inside on the couch shaped like an L by the widows.

Mariana was awkwardly sitting in between Mat and Logan.

"What about you, Mariana?" Jasmine asked her and Mariana shook her head.

Logan's Mom, Tessa, walked in. "Oh, Logan, will you rum to our house and just grab my scarf? I think I left it by the front door." Logan sighed and placed his plate on the table.

"Was the one of the guys," Jasmine whispers to me and I nod.

Jesus was with Brandon and my brothers in the kitchen talking.

Later on, I see Wyatt coming.

"Hey." I silently laugh, covering my hand.

"The third guy." I say to jasmine quietly as her mouth forms an 'o'.

"I was just dropping this off. Your mom told me to come in." Wyatt sits on the other side of Mariana, where Logan was before.

I laugh again and stand up.

"I-I'm gonna get a drink." I smile at Mariana and wink at her.

I past by Logan and I couldn't help but laugh again. I knew this was gonna blow on her.

=

Note: next chapter is when Evelyn gives birth :)