One

Birds chirping outside my window, wind flowing in through my bay windows. It was peaceful. Almost feeling perfect.

But that's not how the world is. The world can never be perfect. It's just can't. No matter how many people try, there is always something or someone to ruin it.

Like for example, let's take my Foster mom, who really couldn't care less about her mental health or me.

"Evelyn!" My eyes slowly opened, squinting from the brightness from the outside word.

"Evelyn, get your fucking ass up!"

As my mind slowly functioned, I shot up from my comfortable spot on my bed and looked to my left to my bedside table where my alarm clock was.

6:57 A.M.

Holy shit.

My alarm didn't go off!

A thud comes from my door and there stood my Foster Mom with a red face from anger. "You're late, stupid bitch." She yelled while throwing her arms up in the air.

As I said, she doesn't care about me and is only fostering me so she can have someone around the house to act like her own maid instead of taking care of me like her own child.

"I know." I groaned and quickly got off my bed, making my way to my closet.

"Hurry. I don't want you here any longer then you have to be." She swiftly turned on her heels and walked out my bedroom with pride.

For what? Who knows.

I only knew I was gonna be late for my first day at Anchor Beach. Surprise, surprise. 

I grabbed random clothes and showered. If I'm already late, might as well be fashionably late. Kidding, I was speeding so fast not caring about my looks or anything. Only that I at least made it not too late.

=

=

Since my Foster Mom doesn't give two shits about anything, I didn't have a ride to school.

Which I mean, isn't too bad as I wouldn't want to be stuck in a car with her for 10 minutes. That would be hell and I already have to live with her and her weird husband.

How'd she even get a husband is my question.

The walk to school was soothing. It was quiet and in the distance, you heard birds, cars, and the wind. The walk was about 25 minutes I would say. Not too bad, but tiring.

I was definitely out of shape.

I walked into Anchor Beach, which, the best part, was by the beach! How amazing. I could hang out in the hot sand and cooling ocean during lunch.