C h a p t e r - 7

Start from the beginning

He held his hands up in surrender and apologized, "Sorry, dude. I didn't know she was taken." He walked away.

I looked back at Nova to see she was throwing daggers at me with her eyes. "How can you do that? I was dancing with that guy!" She yelled.

Thank God for the loud DJ.

"You're drunk, Brownie!" I explained calmly.

"You know why I'm drunk. I'm drunk because the guy who brought me here left me alone at a frickin' bar while he went to flirt with another woman!" She yelled.

Wait! What woman? Sophia? Oh my god! Is Brownie jealous?

"I wasn't flirting with her, Brownie. Sophia and her husband are my friends." I said to her, calmly.

Her eyes widened at the word 'husband'.

She exhaled loudly and looked down, ashamed and whispered, "I'm sorry!"

She was jealous.

I'm seriously doing my happy dance in my mind.

I placed my hands on her chin and looked her in the eye and said, "It's not your fault, Brownie. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you alone. How much did you drink anyway?"

"Six shots of Vodka." She whispered.

Six!

"Maybe we should just go home." I said to her.

"But I wanna dance!" She pouted.

Who in the world would say no to those big brown eyes and the most adorable pout?

"Okay. Let's dance. But I'm coming with you..."

She squeaked and hugged me before taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor. For the first few songs, she danced like a freaking choreographer. She was that good.

I had to glare at the men who even looked at her. Later, she started dancing slowly.

I thought the alcohol finally kicked in. And now - she was just hugging me, swaying her hips from side to side. Her hands were around my waist and my hands were around her shoulders.

I don't care if it was a slow or a fast song. I was loving it!

Still, it had to end.

"We should go home, Brownie." I whispered.

She looked up at me and smiled, "'Kay..."