Chapter 7

"Why are you sitting so far away?" James complained. I looked across the couch where he sat looking over at me. "I'm working," I said continuing to type on my laptop. I had been on my laptop for hours researching the royal family and doing to research on Sophie Savichi. I felt a weight lift off the couch and walk towards me.

I glanced up long enough to see James sitting next to me and start rubbing my cheek. "I'm working..." I glanced at him once. "Okay?" He inched closer. "We are almost there you need to rest..." He whispered placing his hand on my laptop and flipping the screen down causing it to shut off. "Really?" I said as he took it off my lap and placed it on the floor. "Enough working get some sleep." I groaned but did not complain when he wrapped his arms around my waist and laid my head on his chest. I sighed and fluttered my eyes shut.

*****
(Natalia)

I walked down the long halls passing other girls on my way. I was going to meet James since I had not been able to sneak in and see him lately. I turned the hall and noticed Yelena standing on the other side rushing towards me in distress. "Natalia!" She yelled grasping onto my shoulders. "They-they" she was breathing heavily and could not finish her sentence. "What is it?" I asked urgently. "They know about you and Soldier Barned they plan on punishing you. You must leave! One of the girls told them." My eyes widened and I nodded at her once running past her to James' room quickly. 

I banged on the door. I knew it was early and he would not be awake yet. "James!" I pressed my palms to the door yelling desperately. He finally answered and popped open the door wearily. His eyes lit up when he saw me but then they turned into worry when he noticed I was in distressed.  "What is it?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me in his room cupping my cheek. "Tell me." 

"They know about us...one of the other girls told them," I said. His face flooded with worry and concern. "We have to convince them that we were never together..." I let out a small sob and he cradled me close hugging me tightly. "They probably don't have proof so we must convince them," 

"Okay..." I agreed sadly knowing if we continued on that we would be punished. "They will probably move me to a different location." I lifted my head lift and a small tear escape my eyes. "But- I won't see again." I grabbed onto his shoulder. "I know..." He leaned down and placed his forehead on mine. "I won't forget you. I love you," I gasped and brought my hands around his neck. "I will never forget you either. I love you too," I kissed him hard with desperation and he kissed back with so much passion that I was left breathless. 

Then before I knew it we were separated and I never saw him again...
*****

I popped up quickly breathing heavily. "Hey," I turned around and saw James looking at me worriedly. "Just a nightmare," I whispered kissing him once on the cheek. "We are about to land...you must get ready." I groaned and sat up brushing my red hair out of my face. "So do you." He smiled and I stood up walking over to the boxes slowly.

 I grabbed James' box and tossed it over to him near the couch. I then pulled out my dress and flipped it over my shoulder. I hauled out the rose-gold heels and walked over to the bathroom where I slipped it on quickly and brushed out my hair. I touched up my make-up and slid my feet into the high-heels. I slid my hands down the dress smoothing it then popped open the door stumbling out a little. 

James was already dressed in his suit with his hair slicked back. He had a blue tie to clash with my dress. He tipped his head up to greet me and his mouth fell half-way open then his eyes met mine. He scanned down my body and stood up walking over to me. He took my hand and kissed my cheek. "You look gorgeous," He whispered pulling back. I muttered a subtle thank you and we sat back down waiting for the plane to arrive.

The plane landed smoothly and I grabbed my clutch purse walking as elegant as possible towards the door. "Remember my name is Jade and you are Isaac," I whispered as the stairs fell and James wrapped one hand around my waist as he led me down the stairs. "Yes, Jade." He whispered. I looked ahead and saw that the whole royal family was standing outside the door greeting us. I smiled awkwardly and almost tripped but James managed to stabilize me. "Relax," He kissed just below my ear. 

We walked up the stairs and we both greeted the family. "Welcome it is our pleasure to have you stay at our castle." Queen Judy said nodding at us both. Her dress was gold and went nicely with her long dark hair. "Yes, make yourselves welcome." King Sebastian said holding out his hand. James accepted it and shook it twice. 

"Katie! Cassidy!" Judy yelled and two young girls popped out in poofy dresses bowing and laughing. Katie has bright blond hair like her father and Cassidy had dark long hair like her mom. "Please to make your acquaintance," they said in unison. 
"Come." Judy waved us in and we followed them into the castle corridor. "Nick come and greet our guests!" Sebastian said loudly.

Minutes later a man popped out probably a little younger than me and he wore a black suit and his hair was ruffled and messy. He stepped down the stairs lazily and slid his hand across the railing. I kept my eyes on him as he jogged towards us. "Nice to meet you Mr-?" 
"Isaac and my lovely wife Jade," His eyes traveled over to me and he slid his hand in mine kissing it softly lingering longer than needed. 

"I don't see a ring." He slid his finger across my ring finger and looked up at James. "Oh! I must have left it at home." I laughed lightly and tugged my hand away. "Right..." He said un convince. "Nice to meet you both. Meet us in the dining room when you wish." He kissed my hand once more and jogged down the hall into a large room.

"He likes you..." James said angrily. I laughed lightly and started to walk down the hall. "He's cute," I whispered sarcastically and James took my hand and tugged me towards him kissing me unexpectedly. "I won't let him steal a kiss," He said claiming my lips again.
When we pulled back I saw Nick peeking his head out of the door. James grinned in satisfaction and held my waist as we walked down the hall.